We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one month in Casablanca

Belgrade, Serbia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
one month in Casablanca

Hello, my plan is to go to Casablanca with some friends. We want to spent one month there in july so we are now looking for low cost furnished appartments. We are all student of arabic language here in Belgrade, Serbia, so we would like to hear from some people if someone want to help us to find and rent an appartment for 5 people and maybe practise some arabic with us. My name is Sasa. thank you.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,778 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one month in Casablanca

Presumably you are studying Modern Standard Arabic (Fus'ha). The local dialect here is Moroccan Colloquial Arabic (Darija) which is quite different.

Casablanca isn't somewhere I'd like to spend a whole month, though I guess the beaches in July are something in its favour.

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: one month in Casablanca

Hi

I m from Casablanca but honestely Casablanca its not fun place to spend 1 month and specilay in the summer.

casa
Level Contributor
121 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one month in Casablanca

Not to mention mid-July to mid-August will be Ramadan. If I had to I'd pick Marrakesh, Rabat, Fez, Meknes or one of the other cities over Casablanca. Not much to do here. And yes, MSA, while understood, is not the lingua franca here, Derija is.

Belgrade, Serbia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: one month in Casablanca

we know there is differenses between fusha and darija. Thank you for your replay , informations and suggestions

5. Re: one month in Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:43