We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent Help on my travel planning please - morocco

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
Urgent Help on my travel planning please - morocco

Hi All travel experts and gurus out there!! :)

Im planning an itinerary for my parents who are planning a trip to Morocco and Spain this May between 21st and 6th june. They arrive in Casablanca, travel around, leave to Madrid from Marrakesh and tour around and finally leave to dubai from Barcelona. they have about 16 days in all... 8 days in each place ... they love architecture, culture, and enjoying a place at their own stride and pace. They are elderly and cant walk for too long or trek or do adventure kind of activities. And my Dad especially hates those pre organised group tours which rush him from one place to another from mornign to night !!

So, Keeping all this in mind, and their interests, ive come up with a list of places they would like to see.. but i really need all your advice on the route to follow and best option for mode of travel. They wont be comfortable with public transport ..maybe the tram within the city for a different exxperience is fine... so i would also need advice on a few travel agencies who will be able to transport them around from city to city.. or suggestions of best mode of transport within cities. I know its a lot of conditions and but's ... I just want them to have a beautiful holiday and enjoy Morocco and come back with good memories :)

My list of places are as follows:

Casablanca arrival on : 21st evening. Night Stay.

Next 2 days and nights : 22nd,23rd - Places to see El Jadida, Rabat

Leave 24th morning to FES.: 24th night in FES.

Next 2 days n nights in Fes : 25th. 26th. - Places to see :Meknes, Volubilis

Leave 27th Morning to Marrakesh. : 27th night stay.

Next day in Marrakes : 28th night

Flight out to Madrid AT 13.40 PM ON 29th May.

The places listed are apart from strolling around the Medina in each place. Can they do day trips to those places from the base city where they will stay for the night?

For accommodation, i wanted them to experience staying in a good Riad.. So am looking up some riads that are nto too expensive. Any suggestions please? their budget would be a place within 110 euros per night for two.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. The local travel agent here who initially planned their trip did a lousy job of it and i totally scrapped his plans for them.. including places to stay coz i checked them up on TA website and saw not very nice comments from previous travellers. So am now totally redoing their tour planning. And am relying on all your advice please ! The sooner the better coz it takes 3 weeks to get a visa which cannot be done without confirmed bookings in their place of stay !!

Appreciate ally our advice n help already !!

Thanks Much !!

1. Re: Urgent Help on my travel planning please - morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 20:14
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent Help on my travel planning please - morocco

Thank u so much for the advice... guess i will cut off Rabbat from their list as well.

Regarding the route they take, is the order of places ive mentioned correct or shud it be in any different order of travel : casablanca to Fes , Fes to Marrakesh. Can u also advice me on approximate travel time between these places?

really appreciate ur help on this ! I just knew u would be the one to help me out first !! :)

Thanks a lot.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,976 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent Help on my travel planning please - morocco

I am agree with John. To go to Fes etc it would be much traveling without to have more time for to enjoy. Go to Fes and then to Marrakech it is the same route, by train. And that route is quite boring, in my opinion. Not so much to see from the train.

4. Re: Urgent Help on my travel planning please - morocco

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 20:14
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent Help on my travel planning please - morocco

Others may disagree but I would actually cut Fes out of the itinerary completely - since they are flying in to Casa and out of Marrakech then just stick to those 2 areas or it will be too much travel for your elderly parents.

They need only 1 day to see the sights of Casablanca and then can do El Jadida and/or Rabat as daytrips from Casablanca as they are connected by train. Then they need 2 or even 3 days to see everything in Marrakech plus are also various daytrips from Marrakech, or even an overnight stay at the coast could be a good option.

The best way to travel between all these cities is the train - in first class it is comfortable. If they dont want to do that then they take taxis and hire a car with driver but it will be a lot more expensive.

Edited: 15 April 2013, 14:20
6. Re: Urgent Help on my travel planning please - morocco

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 April 2013, 03:35
High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
2 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent Help on my travel planning please - morocco

I hate trains normally but they will love first class Casablanca to Marrakech for 140 Dirhams. You get a safe and civilsed exerience with allocated seat...enjoy. Also, stay in a random Riad in Marrakech, they are great!

8. Re: Urgent Help on my travel planning please - morocco

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 17:45
9. Re: Urgent Help on my travel planning please - morocco

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:17