We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How on time are the trains

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
222 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
How on time are the trains

Hi all

I am flying back to the UK from Marrakech on a Wed pm at 20.25 hrs (hand luggage only). I will be coming from Casablanca that day. Does anyone know how reliable the trains are (hopefully more so than the UK) as I am trying to figure out if the 14h50 train that arrives in Marrakech at 18h05 is ok to get me to the airport or if its cutting it too close and that I should get the 12h50 that arrives at 16h05 and hang around the airport/train station for a while,

Many thanks in advance - I can't wait to see the sun :)

1. Re: How on time are the trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 20:07
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How on time are the trains

I travel the Casa to Marrakech route pretty regularly and would say short delays (around 15 mins) are pretty standard, longer delays are possible but infrequent - there was only one time I can remember being over 1 hour late

Take the 12:50 train to be on the safe side.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How on time are the trains

Take the 12h50 train. You can have a drink at Venezia Ice at the train station, which has a nice outdoor terrace.

UK
Level Contributor
222 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How on time are the trains

Thank you to you all.

I thought that the 12.50hrs would be better but wanted to spend as much time as possible in Casablanca as I have not been there yet. So I am sure that I will have fun John W. It is also good to see that Moroccan trains are more reliable than British ones nibrika. Thanks for the tip on where to spend a couple of hours heresmyreply, I didn't fancy wondering around with my luggage and didn't really want to spend too long at the airport.

Thanks again :)

Table View, South...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How on time are the trains

Well I did the reverse trip. Left Marrakesh at 07:00 for Casablanca Airport for my flight at 14:00. My trip included a change of trains in Casablanca and I still had 90 minutes of hanging around the airport before boarding started. So I would say take the 14:40 train.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How on time are the trains

The trains always leave Marrakech on time. However trains coming to Marrakech do experience delays. As previously mentioned it is best to take the 12h50 train. I make my comments with experience of using the train service in both directions.

UK
Level Contributor
222 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How on time are the trains

Thanks again guys but I will definitely be on the 12.50 train. I knew it was the right train to catch, its just sometimes you need telling :) Knowing that I can sit in Venezia Ice for an hour or two enjoying the sun and my book make the wait pleasant rather than unpleasant - after all, living in the UK it may be the last I see of the sun for a while :)

8. Re: How on time are the trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:17