We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
75 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

We will be arriving at the CMN airport around 11 am, one day before a 2 week tour of Morocco. We need to find a hotel just for one night to relax before our guide and driver picks up the next morning. I have been reading numerous postings and would like to try to take the train from the airport to the Casa Voyageurs station in order to stay at the Ibis Moussafir Hotel. The taxis sound expensive and confusing since we do not speak Arabic or French. Would this be a good choice for us? What should we look for at the airport in order to find this train? How expensive is the train and do we buy tickets before getting on or pay on the train? Would we be able to handle 3 pieces of luggage on the train. We have been on trams where there was standing room only. I assume there is a distinction here and this is a train.

Thank you for the many times I have been given extremely helpful advice from the experts. Carol

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

Yes, it's super easy. After you pick up your luggage and exit this area you come into a hall that has a cafe sort of across toward your right, next to that a row of exchanges/banks, then to the left of those is the escalator to go downstairs to the train. Go downstairs and buy the ticket, just say Casa Voyageurs. It is not very expensive, but I can't remember the exact price. You have to pay in dirhams so get some money exchanged upstairs at one of the exchanges/banks. It is about a 30 minute train ride. You do not need help if you meant it is 3 pieces of luggage between 2 or 3 people. You can carry the pieces on yourself, and even have one of you take them up while the other stands outside on the platform with the rest. If you let a porter do it they expect a tip. I had a porter on the train lift my luggage into an overhead compartment and he demand 5 euros.

When you get on the train typically you can leave your luggage near the doorway if you don't want to put it overhead and just sit near the end where you can see it.

I've left my luggage in the rack at the end of the compartment as well as in the little space at the end of the car and never had it go anywhere, Moroccans do it all the time. But the airport train is usually not very crowded and you should be able to sit near enough to see it if you're not comfortable doing that and can't lift it into the overhead.

When you get to Casa Voyageurs, go through the station out the front doors and look to your right, the Ibis is just at the end of the parking lot. And it's not as big as a supermarket parking lot in FL.

Enjoy your trip!

2. Re: Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 09:47
Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
75 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

Thank you for your helpful information! Several more questions,

1) Will the train ticket be dispensed from an automatic ticket kiosk? If so how will the first class ticket be posted. We do not speak or read Arabic or French.

2) Same question for purchasing a ticket from a ticket office. Should we have something in writing to communicate?

3) Will Casa Voyageurs station be clearly marked so we would recognize when to get off.

4) If we stay at Ibis Casa Voyageurs hotel will there be car access so that our driver and guide will be able to park their vehicle and come into the lobby of the hotel?

Thank you once again for answering all these details. Carol

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

Hi Carol,

Didn't see any answers to your questions, first class is "première classe". If you say premier and hold up 1 finger they know what you mean, it is a ticket booth with a person inside, not an automatic kiosk. You don't need anything in writing. Just say "premier Casa Voyageurs".

Casa Voyageurs station has a clock tower on it, but you have to watch out the windows to see the sign, it is on the side of the train track facing the conductor, not flat & parallel with the track. It takes about 30 minutes to get there from the airport, I think it is the 2nd train stop after Ain Sbebba, but I'll have to check my map at home.

I have traveled on the train from Marrakech and had an older Moroccan gentleman insist to me that Casa Oasis station was Voyageurs. It was the first time I rode the train to that stop so I got off at Oasis. I asked the official train man on the platform and he told me no, next stop, and I had to get me and my luggage back on the train. So Moroccans will try to be helpful, but always double check.

Yes, the train parking lot is right next to the hotel and there is street parking too, no problem for a guide to pick you up.

It is super easy, I've done the trip both ways to and from Casa Voyageurs to the airport many times alone.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

Ok, here is a link to a photo of Casa Voyageurs from the track:

…staticflickr.com/8075/8386135333_bd9ab3ee58…

Just look for the clock tower!

If you're directly in front of that station facing it from the tracks the Ibis Hotel is on the right, it's white and 4 - 5 stories tall.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
75 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

Thank you!! I already printed out your first reply and will do the same for this one. The devil is in the details. Things you never think to ask and then get there and wonder what to do. I have been using google maps and noticed the google peg man only has location photos in Casablanca. Too bad as I have used the google pegman all over Europe to preview where I needed to go.

I will go ahead and make reservations at the Ibis Casa Voyageurs (aka Ibis Moussafir Hotel).

Let's see if that 's easy to do. Once again ,thank you!!!

7. Re: Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 October 2013, 09:11
Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
75 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

Thank you for your good information.. as far as eating out where would you recommend that isn't too far.

9. Re: Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 11:11
Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Train to Casa Voyageur and Ibis Moussafir Hotel

Thanks John W., I can never remember coming from which direction whether you come to Oasis or Ain Sebaa before Voyageurs but I know they are nearby, and I just know what Voyageurs looks like.

And the Moroccans I know do not pronounce "Oasis" the way Americans do, they pronounce it and it sounds like "wa-zeez-us". Maybe it's a French pronunciation? So if someone tells you this is "wa-zeez-us", then you know what they mean. ;-)

I haven't eaten near anywhere near the hotel, I typically meetup with friends and we go someplace else by taxi, but they tell the driver in Arabic.

The breakfast was passable, but it's been 2 years.