We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
695 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

I have been searching for a tour guide for months now for our Cruise stop in March I am very surprised at how expensive the quotes have been . (compared to a 3 day tour we took while in Turkey ) I am asking once more if anyone knows of a quality English speaking guide who could offer a tour of Casablanca and Rabat for less than £300?

or is £400-£500 just the going rate for a full day tour ?

the other option is to just book the ships tour .

If we decided to just stay and do the sights of Casablanca could we find a guide and transport at the port? and what would be a reasonable amount to pay ?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

5000dh (£400-500) is daylight robbery.

Stick 'tour guide' into the search box to retrieve similar threads on this subforum.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

yes expensive but I have had over 7 quotes with different companies and they are all about the same . I would love to see the area safely with a guide but it is looking very doubtful unless I can find a more reasonable priced alternative

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

There's supposed to be 2,763 officially-recognised guides operating in Morocco, with 126 of them based in Casablanca.

tourisme.gov.ma/fr/…list-guide Stick Casablanca into the search box.

But then what? I don't know how to progress further.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

I doubt you will get many different replies to what you got when you asked before, the fact is that there isnt much demand for tourguides in Casablanca - still I am suprised that you havent been able to find anything reasonable at all.

when you say you have been quoted £400 - what exactly does that include? As it is crazily expensive for a simple daytour of Casablanca - I think that this might be a price for a group including minibus etc?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

the quotes are for a guided tour with transport for 3 people and some of the quotes included entrance fees but others didnt and non included lunch

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

As nothing suitable is available, I advise you to forget about a guided tour and do it yourself. You can easily hire a taxi for a day to take you around, it is perfectly safe.

there are several threads here with advice on what to do - for example:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293732-i9447-k7…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293732-i9447-k6…

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

would we find a taxi driver at the port who is a fluent English speaker willing to be our guide for the day ? .

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

fluent English for a taxi driver is very unlikely.

make your own itinerary and then you just need the taxi for transport, in fact a guide may well end up taking you places you dont want to go anyway (his cousin's carpet shop etc)

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

It is such a shame that I have been unable to find a suitable tour and guide ,we were really hoping for a great day seeing the sites with a local guide instead of paying to do the ships tour we had an amazing local guide in Turkey for a very reasonable price I just presumed a guide for Casablanca would be the same sort of cost or even cheaper so I have been very surprised with the high costs involved .

10. Re: private tour guide Casablanca and Rabat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:19