We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco to Portugal by Ferry or plane?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Morocco to Portugal by Ferry or plane?

I'm planning a trip from Morocco and zig zagging north through Portugal and Spain all the way up and ending in Barcelona.

I'm booking a tour that ends at the choice of Marrakech or Casablanca. From there we are going solo. I'd like to go North to either Lisbon or Lagos.

From research so far it seems I might have to get a ferry from Tanger to Seville Spain. Just wondering if my desired way is possible? I'm quite open to suggestion. I just don't want to waste too much time travelling from destination to destination.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco to Portugal by Ferry or plane?

End in Marrakech and fly to Seville - check flights on skyscanner.net

You can also fly direct Marrakech to Lisbon

Edited: 08 April 2014, 12:58
England, United...
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morocco to Portugal by Ferry or plane?

TAP Portugal fly Casablanca to Lisbon. It's a very small plane but makes for an interesting and different journey. I found when I used it that we flew quite low - presumably because of it's size - so I had magnicent views of the coast line and land below.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morocco to Portugal by Ferry or plane?

Interesting.

I've been looking at flying Casablanca to Lisbon and both airlines that fly direct have really poor reviews. They both appear rather expensive for a short flight, but....

Perhaps I'll take your advice and fly TAP.

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Morocco to Portugal by Ferry or plane?

I can't remember what finally brought me to my decision to fly TAP but I was searching for flights from London - preferably Heathrow - to Casablanca. This was not a direct flight but involved a change of flight at Lisbon.

I don't think the flights were any better or worse than many others. My only real problem was not with the flights themselves but that my main case did not make it on to the Lisbon - Casa flight. I wasn't the only one that day and we found trying to sort that out a bit stressful - not helped for me by the fact that I was not staying in a Casa hotel but in a private home in a town a good distance away. I had to return to the airport to meet the evening flght and hope my bag was on it as no one would answer the phone number I was given. However, I am used to bags not arriving - it happened on my first ever flight and has happened a few times since! My luck I suppose. I doubt this would have been a problem if I'd been flying direct from Lisbon - it seemed only those of use who flew from LHR had the problem.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Morocco to Portugal by Ferry or plane?

Thanks everyone!

Seems the only way to go is by expensive flight :S oh well

Calgary, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Morocco to Portugal by Ferry or plane?

Im doing the same trip but in reverse order! Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I'd rather ask a question here than start a new thread...

I separate from my party in Barcelona and from there I go to Valencia and Malaga by rail with 2 days in each city, then from there I'm going by way of ferry to Tangier. Then to Rabat and lastly fly out of Casablanca at 2:35 am to come home to Canada. All in 7 days! Wish me luck!

The question is: once in Tangier, what kind of journey am I looking at having? Is 2.5 days enough to get to Casablanca? By train? Bus? Car Hire? All that matters is that I can sleep when im tired and occupy the rest of my day and get to Mohamed V by 02:35. The journey is more the purpose of the trip.

Thanks,

B.C. canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Morocco to Portugal by Ferry or plane?

There is a train that goes from tangier to casa voyagers station. Then cheap taxi ride to Mosque. The train is around 4.5 hrs.. Hope this helps

8. Re: Morocco to Portugal by Ferry or plane?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:15