We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leather money bag

rsa
australia
Level Contributor
816 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
leather money bag

Hi, I am a male, travelling to Meknes, Fez and Marrakech and would like to know the best place to buy a good quality "Choukara" (money bag) I have seen photos of male musicians wearing the shoulder bags, and I think that I would find one, very useful. I have read that some of the Moroccan leather smells dreadful, and this smell is very difficult to remove. Has anyone advice on where to purchase, good leather at the right price. Regards RSA_

perth wa
Level Contributor
112 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leather money bag

any of the places you're going to will have them in the markets and shops. check the quality 'cos they're all "top quality" according to the sellers and bargain hard

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leather money bag

any leather product you purchase here is going to smell "dreadful" (I don't think it does but maybe I've lived here for too long). This is because as the leather is still tanned in the traditional way, it is soaked in vats containing pigeon dung and urine. Pick up a small block of musk here in Fes to leave in the bad and it will clear up the smell nicely. Fez is hands down the best place for leather goods.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
766 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: leather money bag

I bought a small leather purse in Fez last March, and I have to admit I think it does smell. I haven't tried anything such as musk to rid it of the smell - but may start trying something.

4. Re: leather money bag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 12:19