We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Casablanca to Malaga with Kids

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
From Casablanca to Malaga with Kids

Hi

I was looking into spending a week or so in Morocco in January (2010) with two young children (3,5 and 1,5 years). We also want to spend a week in Malaga, Spain. I am looking into several options, one of which could be: fly from Amsterdam (where we will be) to Casablanca, spend a day or so there. Take train to Fes (stop a day in Meknes: worth it???). Then we were thinking of travelling overland to Malaga, but read in another post that that trip might be a bit much with the young children.

Will definitely check out the new Ryan air flights I read about going from Fes to Seville (hoping that might be my answer: other one way flights from morocco to Spain are just excessively expensive).

Any suggestions for this trip? We want to spend a week max in Morocco, preferably early January. I don’t want to be too ambitious, so just seeing Fes for a couple of days, and Casablanca for a day or so will suffice for this trip (we can always go back...).

Still contemplating whether Marrakech would be better weather wise (in January)...

Any suggestions for routes and travel with kids in Morocco welcome! Thanks

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Casablanca to Malaga with Kids

You really don't want to bother with Casablanca...trust me. Divide your time between Fes and Marrakesh, there's plenty to see and you have good day trip options if you need a break from the medina.

Train travel is your best bet between the two cities.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Casablanca to Malaga with Kids

Thanks.what about Fes in January? Would it still be worth it if it rains a lot? I am just trying to figure out whether Marrakech would be dryer (although I really like the sound of Fes an surroundings). Unfortunately we are only able to travel in January next year, so just have to accept that it will be winter and cold regardless....

Do you think the cities are suitable enough for children? we have found it a lot of fun so far to travel with them, but have only been to 'easy' places like Paris, Italy, New Zealand and Australia (where we live at the moment).

3. Re: From Casablanca to Malaga with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 06:20