We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from casablanca to fez

st
sfo
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
train from casablanca to fez

our flt arrives in casablanca at 3.30pm,shd we take a train the same day to fez? or wait until the next day? where do i get train tix?

thx

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train from casablanca to fez

The airport is connected by train to Casablanca's main railway station, called Voyageurs. Trains leave the airport every hour at 10 minutes to the full hour. It costs 30 dirham and takes 35 minutes.

You should be able to get a ticket to Fes at the airport's train station. Take note that some staff at the ticket window will tell you that it's not possible. In that case, get your ticket at Voyageurs station.

The first train to Fes you'll be able to catch, leaves Voyageurs at 5:15 PM and arrives in Fes at 10:40 PM. If that's not a convenient time for you, there's also an Ibis Moussafir next to Casablanca Voyageurs.

I have quite a section dedicated to train travel in Morocco on my website. See triotours.com/faq/ma/travel-around-train.htm

There's also a printable version of the Moroccan train timetable available from triotours.com/faq/ma/train-timetable-downloa…

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train from casablanca to fez

Sorry, one paragraph seems to have disappeared from my first reply.

I was going to say, that if you want a hotel near Fes railway station, there's an Ibis Moussafir which is good for a first night. You can book it through www.ibishotel.com

Washington, DC
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: train from casablanca to fez

Does anyone know the distance from the Fes train station to either Ryad Mabrouka or Les Oudayas hotel?

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train from casablanca to fez

Fes train station is only a 10 minute taxi ride from the medina. To reach Ryad Mabrouka, have the taxi take you to Ain Azlitan. I'm not sure about the exact location of Les Oudayas, but it will be roughly the same the same distance.

Singapore
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train from casablanca to fez

Spend the night in Casablanca, I second Ibis Mousafir Hotel. Go and have an excellent dinner in one of the top restaurants in Morocco. I tried two excellent ones, La Mer and Le Restuarant du port de peches. Have a walk afterwards at le boulevard de la corniche. Next morning do the tour at the Hassan II mosque it is magnificent. Have lunch and after that take the train to Fes.

California
Level Contributor
688 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train from casablanca to fez

By the way, how do you book tours for the Mosque? I've heard they are 45 minutes, in length and are at 9,10,11 and 2.

If we end up in Casablanca, we will have limited time. We would want to prebook a tour and possibly even leave the tour a little early...

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: train from casablanca to fez

To get a tour of the Hassan II mosque, you go to the mosque around 30 to 15 minutes before a tour starts and ask one of the guards at the entrance for a ticket.

California
Level Contributor
688 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: train from casablanca to fez

Thanks.

How much time do you need to allow if you take a shuttle, taxi or grand taxi from the airport to Casa Voyaguers?

Thanks again...

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: train from casablanca to fez

A taxi takes around 45-60 minutes, depending on traffic. Allow more time when traveling by train or bus shuttle. You'd have to get city cabs from the train station or bus terminal. Remember that city cabs only take THREE passengers.

So get a taxi from the airport. These are so called "grands taxis", which can take up to six passenger. Fixed rate is 200 dirham during the day, 250 after 7 PM.

California
Level Contributor
688 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: train from casablanca to fez

Dysfunctional,it sounds like there are only specific places you can get a grand taxi. The rest of the time, you have to get a petit taxi, which won't hold the four of us. I guess we end up with 2 taxis, the majority of the time.

If we took a cab to the Mosque, as soon as we arrived, could we store our luggage at the train station? Is it hard to get taxis from the Mosque, back to the train station? Can you get a grand taxi back to the airport, or only from it?

How much time do you need to allow at the airport, before boarding? What about after you have landed? How long will it take to go through customs?

Thanks!