We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs in Fes?

Va, Usa
Level Contributor
22 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs in Fes?

I searched and didn't see any recent posts regarding ATMs. Are they reliable, and does anyone who has been recently know which network they work with?

I am assuming this is the easiest way to obtain cash rather than having to carry US currency and then exchange it upon arrival. I have always done that when traveling internationally, but our last trip to Italy we used ATMs exclusively and it was wonderful. Helped stay on budget and they were readily available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs in Fes?

ATMs are plentiful and mostly reliable, although you want to make sure that you take out money from a bank's atm machine while the bank is still open, in case the machine swallows your card which I've heard of happening. Also, although there are numerous ATMs in the medina of Fes, I would be very hesitant about withdrawing cash in the medina, better to go to the Ville Nouvelle. There have been muggins in the recent past where foreigners have been followed from the atm. It is not a huge problem here however.

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs in Fes?

Yes Fes has plenty of ATMs. I don't know anything about US card networks, but they work with all well known European cards, and I have never heard any US people say that their cards don't work here. Some ATMs even dispense Euros, such as the SGMB ATMs at Bab Boujuloud in the old medina, and their main branch at Ave Lalla Miriam near Place Florence in the Ville Nouvelle.

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs in Fes?

sorry didn't see first reply before I posted

4. Re: ATMs in Fes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2010, 06:16