We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the top 10 things you must see/do in Fes?

Detroit
Level Contributor
600 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What are the top 10 things you must see/do in Fes?

We only have a couple days in Fes and I'd like to make the most of it. We plan to hire a guide so hopefully he will take us to the best sites. That said, I'm still curious what the best things are to do/see to make sure we hit them all. What would you make as your top 10 list of things we must do in a short time in Fes?

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the top 10 things you must see/do in Fes?

Hi Phishk

I'm sure your guide will take you thru Fes el Bali (the old city) for the cultural sites: Medersa Bouanania, Kairaouin Mosque, Bab Boujloud and the souks, of course. Outstanding.

Stay in a riad, not a hotel and have at least 1 dinner there.

There are excellent views of Fes and the area from the Borj Nord; a military museum in a restored castle, just northwest of the medina. (Near the Hotel Merinides, which is a great place for a meal on the patio). There are ruins of old fortifications nearby too. About a 10dh taxi ride to the Batha area.

Go to the tanneries. Your guide will probably take you. If you don't want to buy anything though, be VERY clear beforehand, and be firm. If you DO want to buy leathergoods, then there is an excellent selection. The sales guys are pros, so be prepared to bargain hard...

I don't think that's 10 things, but it's a start. Have a great time!

Edited: 24 April 2010, 18:06
2. Re: What are the top 10 things you must see/do in Fes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 05:19