We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a tour agent/operator in Fes?

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Topic
Do I need a tour agent/operator in Fes?

Since I'm traveling solo, I thought it would be great to have a local person taking me around. Do you guys have any recommendations on tour agencies?

Thanks in advance!

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a tour agent/operator in Fes?

Just get a guide through your hotel / guest house in Fes. Otherwise just use your guidebook, the Rough Guide or Lonely Plant books are good.

It is best to stay in medina where everything that you'll want to see & experience is.

Detroit
Level Contributor
561 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a tour agent/operator in Fes?

You do need a guide, but I agree you should just try to get one through your hotel. Or possibly someone here has one to recommend or already has recommended in older posts.

I didn't really like my guide. He took us to places both in and out of the medina. The places outside the medina had nice views overlooking the medina, but I don't really care much about those types of views. If I could do it again, I would hire a guide, tell him NO SHOPPING, and probably only inside the medina.

Level Contributor
7,614 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a tour agent/operator in Fes?

Agree with other posters...no need for agency but for sure do book a guide with your riad...and be clear with them and the guide as to what you want to do which may or may not include shopping. I do think a guide is essential but then you can venture out where you want...probably not late at night though. Good luck...it is a fascinating step back in time.

Chicago
Level Contributor
113 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need a tour agent/operator in Fes?

I booked a guide through our hotel. I thought it would be tour of the city, but it turned out that we mostly spent time at expensive stores in the Medina. He told us that he would not take us to the stalls as they charge exorbitant prices. The only benefit we got from that tour was he was able to find a wonderful riad for less expensive. I do recommend it since the medina is difficult to maneuver initially!

5. Re: Do I need a tour agent/operator in Fes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2011, 05:17