We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best area to stay in medina less hussle

surrey
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
best area to stay in medina less hussle

can anyone advise me which areas you are likely to be less hassled in the medina. I would like to book a riad there. thanks

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best area to stay in medina less hussle

Specific location is not really an issue for this. Just be sure that when you first arrive in the Medina that you 'pre call' to arrange to have a staff member from your Guest-house meet you at an agreed point (this is the usual process), do not try to make your way to the Guest-house by yourself as you will invariably get lost and then attract the attentions of someone who will want to show you the way. After this first journey to the accommodation you will know the way and all will be OK. If you are, say, arriving from the airport with a taxi pre booked via the Guest-house this will all be arranged anyhow.

Do not use the Faux (False) Guides that tend to gather in the Boujuloud area, but you may come across them anywhere, but just be polite and firm that you do not want their services, they can sometimes be persistent but there is absolutely no physical threat.

surrey
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best area to stay in medina less hussle

Thank you for this. Do you know of a decent riad with a spa. You are offering sound advice. We would also like to go into the mountains if possible. Can we hire a guide and where would we find one . Liz

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best area to stay in medina less hussle

I am sure that some 'upmarket' guest-houses (Riad Fes etc) will have a Spa but they will charge for the experience, both the accommodation and spa will cost you. I have not visited any Spas in guest-houses myself. Just choose what guest-house you want and then go separately to a Spa in the new Town (Ville Nouvelle). As you are coming to Fez for just 3 days, you need them in Fez, it is too short a visit to be thinking about going to the mountains. You can arrange guides through your guest-house. Enjoy Fes.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,020 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best area to stay in medina less hussle

I'm going to Fes next week. I'll try and report back, but feel free to send me a PM to remind me.

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
599 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best area to stay in medina less hussle

We stayed at Raid Ghiata last summer. Wonderful place, great food, some rooms have tubs but no spa. Would highly recommend it however.

6. Re: best area to stay in medina less hussle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2011, 05:16