We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guided tours of fez

Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
guided tours of fez

does anyone know how much I can expect to pay for a guided tour of Fez, for half a day or maybe longer, for 3 of us, in April ?

Morocco Countryside Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Soul Adventure 4x4 Day Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Berber Camp Merzouga
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Sahara Desert Crew
Multi-day Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: guided tours of fez

I paid the equivalent of about 30EU for a full day official guide for the medina (for 2). Totally worth it, IMO. That was about 2 years ago. Arranged for the official guide thru my riad.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
618 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: guided tours of fez

Expect to pay more if a vehicul is included ...a drive through the new town, past the royal palace, jewish quarter & a panoramic view of the ancient town,

Level Contributor
338 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: guided tours of fez

I paid 400 dirhams last week--that was the daily rate for a guide. He had quoted 300 dh for a half day, but we gave him the daily rate and no other tips.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
264 posts
818 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: guided tours of fez

Last month while we were in Fes, we took a walking tour in the medina (arranged by our Riad). 200 dh for half day and 300 dh for whole day, just for the guide For the whole day, make sure if you sightsee outside by medina by car you know what the price is ahead of time. We did drive out but there wasn't much to see.

Edited: 23 March 2012, 16:34
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: guided tours of fez

I've booked the local guide for a day in Fes, through the hotel for our group of 22 persons in May.and he asked for $110 for himself and an assistant. Also, we need the transportation for places outside the Medina and he asked for $200. Total we will pay $310 for 22 persons. Is this a reasonable price?

Thanks for your advice.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,517 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: guided tours of fez

Grace, it would be helpful if you quoted amounts in dirhams rather than some foreign currency, but from a rough idea of a dollar value surely you can work out that's a total rip off.

Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: guided tours of fez

For 22 people? Given the size of that group and the fact that they need a bus for the day to take people to visit the outer medina places, a cost of $14 per person seems very reasonably priced to me!

London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: guided tours of fez

For one and half day tour we paid 300 dh to the driver and 400 to the guide and there was three of us. We were in Fes last week. The riad where we stayed arranged an English speaking guide.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: guided tours of fez

The price is about MAD2170. including guide, an assistant and the transportation.

Yes, what I think each of us only pay $14 is reasonable for a full day trip. Also, in addition, he will book the lunch for us at $15 ea (MAD105).

I should check this web site a head of time.

Thank you for all your info.

10. Re: guided tours of fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 16:51