We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fes riads

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fraser, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fes riads

Has anyone stayed at Palais de Fes-Dar Tazi? Two sources indicate the restaurant is very good. Thanks for any info (our trip is planned for mid-September, before Ramadan).

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fes riads

I haven't stayed there but I've eaten there several times. The quality of food started declining several years ago. From what I've heard recently, it is now wholly average. Having said that, it does have a lovely terrace and since there is quite a lot of "average" food in Fes, you might as well eat it in a nice setting.

With regards to the accommodation, friends who have been tell me that the building is lovely and expansive but I have no idea what the private rooms are like.

Fez, Morocco
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fes riads

I've visited a few times, but haven't stayed there. There are six rooms, and the two downstairs rooms off the courtyard are wonderful. You may want to take a look at the review in Lonely Planet on their Fes page:

lonelyplanet.com/worldguide/…

I'm sorry to hear that Fassia doesn't like the food there; for me it's one of the best places in Fes for Moroccan food.

london
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fes riads

We stayed at the Palais de Fes in March 06 and do not recommend it at all! Claustrophobic rooms, tiny bathroom that smelt, dead flowers in room on arrival, flights upon flight of narrow stairs and all exorbitantly priced. The food in the restaurant is goof although again so much more expemsive than anything else you will experience in Fes but breakfast was horrid (lots of bread and no fruit). The hotel side of things really feels like an after thought. The only poistives are a fantastic view from the roof terrace and nice waiting staff and driver. Don't stay here!

Fez, Morocco
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fes riads

I'm really sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, and I hope the owners of Palais de Fes see what you've written so they can correct the problems you've mentioned.

I should say that the rooms and stairs there, while small, are typical of an older Fes house, of which this is a very good example. The riads with larger rooms are in houses from the early to mid 20th century. As for the prices, the room prices are mid-range for Fes riads, and the meals are what you would pay for a similar meal in a similar place anywhere in Fes, which tends to be a lot. If you or anyone else goes there again, consider getting just the salads, which is much less expensive and is still a lot of food. For less expensive riad options, take a look at the Fez-riads website.