We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Fes

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Fes

I'll be driving a rental car into Fes where I'll be staying for 3 nights. While in Fes I'd prefer not to use the car. I will likely be staying in Fes El-Bali so I doubt parking will be provided by my hotel. If this is the case, does anyone have suggestions on where I could safely park the car for three nights so that I can take a cab to pick it up when I drive out of Fes? Any idea of the cost? Thanks.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Fes

Here is a link to a Fes medina map that shows some of the parking on it. Typically there is a guardian that you pay to watch your car:

http://www.fez-riads.com/medina__maps.htm

I know the parking that is on the left side of the map and cut off is within walking distance of Bab Boujloud. Same thing with the parking lot that is near Bab Ain Zleten, it's pretty convenient to walking into and out of Fes el Bali. Hope this helps!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,703 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Fes

Plenty of places within walking distance, your hotel will fix you up. I'd be thinking of 20-30dh per day though of course you will be asked for much more. Shop around until you are happy.

Alternatively stick it in one of the camp sites to the south of Fez and pick it up with a taxi.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Fes

What-where are the camp sites?

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Fes

All the areas around the medina where you can park a car have a 24hr guard, your hotel will know the best place to leave the vehicle. Just don't leave anything valuable within sight but having said that, I've never really had a problem, I've have had my car broken into more times in Spain!

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Fes

In every area in Fes there is night Parking, 30 Dirhams/night.

as Chano has illustrated here your riad will show you the best place to park your car.

fez
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking in Fes

They are a lot of parking, Thay are some you can pay them 2 Dirhams and some ask for more because you are a foreigner, discuss with them before you park.

Edited: 27 January 2013, 00:42
7. Re: Parking in Fes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 06:19