We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving & leaving Fes airport

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving & leaving Fes airport

A few tips about arriving & leaving Fes by plane ! Dont forget to get some dirhams from an ATM or the bureau de change in the main arrivals hall, so that you have money for the taxi or bus. The rate is not worse than you will get in the city. The airport shuttle bus does not seem to operate any more, altho the adverts are still up. If you want to get the bus, you need to cross the car park to the main road & catch a local bus. A taxi costs 150 dirhams (equivalent to 15 euros). The ideal if you are alone, is to find someone to share. The cost will be the same. You may need to get a petit taxi from where the grand taxi drops you off, but that will be 10 to 15 dirhams, depending on the distance. I paid 15 dirhams from the Ville Nouvelle to the far side of the Medina. If you are happy to pay 150 dirhams, your hotel will arrange for a grand taxi to meet you & take you direct to the hotel.

Before you leave the airport front hall, pick up the card you will need to fill in when leaving the country ( the same kind they gave you on the plane). They are in stands near the check-in desks. It is handy to have this filled in when you come back for departure.

When you are leaving, allow AT LEAST one and a half hours before departure, preferably two hours, as you will not know how many other planes are departing at the same time. Firstly you must queue at the check-in desk, even if you only have hand luggage. They stamp your boarding pass. Then you queue for passport control. This is the big delay. They dont seem to have more officials when the queue lengthens. Security was fast & they let you bring water through, even big bottles, or bottles half drunk. In the departure hall, there is a small cafe, so save some dirhams for a coffee (16 dirhams) or a sandwich.

If you have any dirhams left over, there is a big plastic bubble by the boarding gate where you can donate them to a Moroccan charity.

If you are flying Ryanair, they will close the boarding gate 30 mins before the flight, another reason not to cut it too fine !

Bon Voyage

Washington
Level Contributor
326 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving & leaving Fes airport

This is helpful info. But I have a few questions. I am looking at the RAM flight from Fes to Casablanca at 5:25 am Dec 20. Will weather be an issue this time of year? I need to book my flight soon so I can apply for my student visa. There are other airlines on other days at better times, however, I don't know my finals schedule yet and so need to book Dec 20 (assuming I have finals the last day possible).

Washington
Level Contributor
326 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving & leaving Fes airport

I have another question. The flight from Casablanca arrives in Fes at 1:30 am. Would it be best to get a hotel in Fes for the night or head to Ifrane. My daughter will be studying at AUI and has orientation later the day or arrival. If you suggest heading to Ifrane, do taxi's run that late at night?

3. Re: Arriving & leaving Fes airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 October 2013, 14:11
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving & leaving Fes airport

Smiem: I am confused by the different flight times, but anwering the second of your posts, by the time you through passport control and customs it will be 0230 or so. Yes, you could get a taxi to Ifrane at that time of the morning, and it will take about 90 minutes, so you will be arriving at 0400 or so. And then what will you do for the next five hours until the Al Akhawayn staff are up and about?

You ask about weather. Ifrane and especially Azrou are the areas in Morocco normally most affected by snow and there is always the possibility of severe disruption. Monitor the weather forecast at weather-forecast.com/locations/…latest taking note of both the depth of snow (if any) and the freezing level.

Washington
Level Contributor
326 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving & leaving Fes airport

Thanks for the info Tim. Just heard back from AUI and they have "ambassadors" who meet students at FES with transportation to AUI. Apparently many students are also on her 1:35 am arriving flight. So that issue is resolved.

I think I will just book her ticket to return home out of CMN on 12/20. It's only $8 more to go out of FEZ and though it would be easier & economical, I don't want to risk weather being an issue. She can take the train to CMN on 12/19 and stay there for the night before her 12/20 departure.

Ifrane, Morocco
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving & leaving Fes airport

Hi,

Your info is very helpful! Can you answer one more question though? Do I get a boarding pass at the Fes airport if I'm flying Royal Air Maroc? I haven't received a confirmation email for my flight to Casa, and my roommate isn't sure if I get one there.

Thanks,

Meredith

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,286 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving & leaving Fes airport

you should definitely get some kind of confirmation email to print out - check your spam or call the airline to confirm they have your booking

8. Re: Arriving & leaving Fes airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:17