We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel in morocco

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Travel in morocco

Hi I am travelling to morocco - and saw your information on trip advisor

and would love some advice from someone who knows the country!

I am arriving in tangiers on 24 August at 3.30pm and need to get to

Casablanca to meet my daughter on 29 August

What to do in between ?

Is it worth staying in tangiers or would you advise me to get a train

immediately to fez?

I will look at trains now but I guess I sm keen to spend more time in one

place that a bit if time in two?

Thanks

Robyn

New Zealand

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,122 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel in morocco

Tangier is worth at least one night if not two. Chefchaouen you have almost on the way so stay there before to go to Fez.

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel in morocco

Khamlia makes a good suggestion. On the other hand, I have friends who went to Morocco for the first time a couple of years ago, crossing from Spain, and spent their whole week in Tangier, loving every moment. Do you need to decide now? Why not see how you feel when you arrive and just take one day at a time?

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel in morocco

Thank you so much for your advice - will not pass straight through but spend a might or maybe two

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel in morocco

Thank you so much for your advice - will not pass straight through but spend a might or maybe two and can make decisions as I go my only time frames is meeting my daughter 29 in Casablanca -

Ok so one more question if I may?

When she arrives should we do one night on Casablanca - and which area would you suggest we stay and then 3 nights Marrakech or something else?

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel in morocco

I think where to spend your daughter's first night would depend upon how long she will already have been travelling to get to Casblanca and the time of day that she will arrive. Maybe she will need a good night's sleep before you move on.

As for where to head to after Casablanca, that would surely depend upon your interests and how many days you have in Morocco.

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel in morocco

Advice from Khamlia and Alan is Gold. Please do listen to them.

Assuming that your daughter is coming from Australia, why not spend her first night in Morocco at a nice hotel in Casablanca? If you decide to do that, you need to choose a hotel from your guidebook, and phone in your reservation immediately.

The next morning after a relaxed breakfast, you could take a conducted tour of the Hassan II Mosque seen here:

sacred-destinations.com/morocco/casablanca-h…

From Casa, you might like to just go somewhere down along the coast such as Essaouira. Marrakech is an oven right now, and I would not suggest going there.

www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.1.60230

I wish you a relaxed and fun holiday together !

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel in morocco

We all thought Fes was fantastic. If you can fit it in, you should try. Two days, even one if rushed, is plenty. Most amazing city I have seen, apart from Venice.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel in morocco

Fes is great but not when it's really hot. Tomorrow is forecast at 41ºC in the shade, Marrakech similar. It will be a nightmare for anyone not acclimatised to the heat.

Merzouga, Morocco
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel in morocco

Hi there

I live in rissani, a great touritic place near merzouga, if you're planning TO visit, call me TO give you extra help, this is my number 0679603110

10. Re: Travel in morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 05:15