We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train or bus

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Train or bus

We are travelling from Marrakech to Casablanca on 1 November and not sure whether to take the train or bus. I am having trouble with the bus website as I cannot get it to show in English even through I use the English button. I have found a company that sells train tickets and delivers them to your Riad - has anyone used this before. Or would we be safe just going to the railway station the day before. Price seems about the same and also travel time. Any recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Casablanca
Casablanca
Grand Casablanca Region, Morocco
9 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,730 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train or bus

I do this trip often and usually get the train (1st Class) - I think its more comfortable than bus, although it is a bit more expensive

CTM do have a premium bus service a couple of times a day, thats worth getting if the times work for you

you will be fine to buy the tickets at the station the day before

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train or bus

Thank you so much nibrika.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train or bus

Whille the train is more spacious and runs every two hrs, it can be crowded on weekends and may be late.If you can book a CtM online at a convenient time, then it is your best option. Another advantage is bus drops you off in city center while train a bit further at Casa voyageurs or one stop ealier at Oasis. In both cases you need to take a taxi or tram

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train or bus

Bonjour ,

Je ne sais pas si vous avez deja entendu parler du siteweb: www.bybus.ma

C'est un service gratuit pour les voyageurs :D ... J'ai y reservé mon voyage de Rabat à Agadir et c'était TOP !

Quand tu réserves, ils te donnent un code que tu utilises pour embarquer dans l'autocar depuis l'adresse de départ

La meilleure chose c'est que tu ne perds pas de temps , bref ! l’autocar que j’ai pris était très confortable, pour moi c’est devenu un site indispensable car il me permet de

comparer les meilleures offres de plusieurs sociétés de transport par autocar, de gagner de temps et d'économiser mon argent , puisque c'est des prix similaires ou moins cher

qu'à la gare (moitié prix CTM).

Mentioned in this post
Rabat
Rabat
Rabat-Sale-Zemmour-Zaer Region, Morocco
Agadir
Agadir
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train or bus

@Sarah K: your www.bybus.ma website failed at the first fence. If you input Marrakech as the start point it only shows Ouarzazate or Tanger as destinations.

@MichelleandFred: I use Google Chrome as my browser which automatically translates webpages. If you don't have this, then search for the site using google (so if you want oncf.ma, don't type the whole address, just ONCF). And then in the list of search answers, click on 'translate this page'.

Mentioned in this post
Ouarzazate
Ouarzazate
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Train or bus

i know , it's a new service , every week they add a new line, it has become very developed in Morocco !

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,730 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train or bus

Im not sure if that website is self promotion but anyway it seems quite a useful resource for travellers as it is giving online schedules for the smaller bus companies which are usually difficult to find info for

But yes it does seem quite limited at the moment

Edited: 20 September 2017, 11:38
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Train or bus

you can also book on the website, like booking.com for hotels !

and yes, i hope they will grow fast and have more bus operators and routes

A lot of CTM routes have few time table options + are very expensive

And from my experience the bus I booked on www.bybus.ma had similar quality & service to ctm

so, let's wish the best of luck to this new startup that will help travelers a lot !

9. Re: Train or bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 September 2017, 16:40
Edited: 20 September 2017, 16:40

Reply to: Train or bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted