We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ensemble Artisan - can I get silver jewellery made?

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ensemble Artisan - can I get silver jewellery made?

Hi all. I have visited Marrakech before and love the jewellery sellers in the Ensemble Artisan. Does anyone know if they make silver jewellery to order? I Am interested in getting something made to order. Any info gratefully received - and any other recommendations gratefully received. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Atlas Mountains and Three Valleys...
511 Reviews
from US$61.90*
Free Cancellation
Atlas Mountains Hot Air Balloon Ride...
369 Reviews
from US$238.00*
Free Cancellation
3-Day Tour: Marrakech to Merzouga by...
117 Reviews
from US$130.90*
2 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ensemble Artisan - can I get silver jewellery made?

I've had a few bespoke items made in Marrakech, in the souks rather than the Ensemble Artisanal (which, btw, I find expensive and limited), but not silver jewelry. Depending on how you ask and who you ask, you can get pretty much anything made there - including metalwork produced from your own sketched designs. The process can be tortuous though, and you'll obviously be expected to pay a premium for it. The negotiations were much harder than usual... Good luck. :)

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Ensemble Artisanal
Ensemble Artisanal
1,094 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ensemble Artisan - can I get silver jewellery made?

Certainly it's possible, but you need to be talking to the jeweller, not a shop assistant.

I was chatting to a silversmith in Taroudannt who at the time was manufacturing some lovely filigree rings and we spoke about him making custom filigree/turquoise jewellery for my sister-in-law. I expect he would have made it right in front of our eyes.

Oh, and welcome to a fellow Weorgoran.

Edited: 19 September 2017, 18:10
Reply to: Ensemble Artisan - can I get silver jewellery made?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted