We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitoes

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
mosquitoes

Hi, im travelling to Marrakech next week, can anyone tell me if I will need insect repellent this time of year, are the Mosquitoes a problem? Thank you

10 replies to this topic
1. Re: mosquitoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 November 2017, 19:34

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mosquitoes

Thank you!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mosquitoes

Mosquitos are more common in Summer and in damp places

4. Re: mosquitoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 November 2017, 19:35
Edited: 19 November 2017, 19:35

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,810 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mosquitoes

Not true. Copied from my post seven years ago on ThornTree above, "There are mosquitos but malaria is practically unknown (most cases involve people who've been elsewhere and were probably infected there). The flies that really annoy me in Morocco are what I call 'floaters' which are almost invisible and their bite only starts to hurt when they've long gone. These are probably similar to what the yanks call no-see-ums."

https:/…mosquitos-in-morocco

Kenitra, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mosquitoes

If only the was an way to report/remove the posts that provide misleading/false info!

Mosquitos are in morocco.

There is a chance you will get a bite here or there or maybe not but they exist!

.. More so in summer.

In winter or even now with the cold nights we are getting (feeling like winter 😔, I don't look forward to when winter will arrive!!) the mosquitoes aren't around, thankfully.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,038 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mosquitoes

Yes, post number 4 is completely wrong and should be removed.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,810 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mosquitoes

Response #4 reported as 'not travel related (nearest category I could find)'.

Edited: 19 November 2017, 18:28
Kenitra, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mosquitoes

Agreed 🤝

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mosquitoes

Mosquitos are around all year in Marrakech, but as TrueBelieverMorocco says, more common in Summer and in damp places - including places with lots of swimming pools etc. I'm particularly tasty to mosquitors it seems as I get bitten (usually at night) every trip, no matter what the season.

Reply to: mosquitoes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted