We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM cash limit

Solihull, United...
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
759 posts
74 reviews
ATM cash limit

Hi there, on one of the Top Questions on the right side of the screen it states a cash withdrawal limit of 3000 dhs.

That article is from a few years ago.

Can anyone please confirm the maximum amount an ATM will let you withdraw?

Thanks.

9 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: ATM cash limit

Hi Buddy.

In fact..you can fix it YOURSELF with your own bank before the trip with kindly asking them to get your limit at..the amount you desire for the duration of the trip at least.

4000 dh/day is regular in Morocco without anything to ask to your bank but depends too of the nature of your card.

Complementary advice: precise be-forehead to your bank that you go to Africa for avoiding any kind of difficulty as lots of bank' scams come from this continent.

Yours,Olli.

penna
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: ATM cash limit

Almost all ATMs I have used in Morocco ( and i have used a lot) allow a max of 2000 DH ( a bit under 200 euro and a bit more then 200 us dollars)

I have found a rare ATM that allowed 4000 DH ( very very rare ) .

If you need more then 2000 DH you can just use the ATM twice in a row.( or 4 times in a row lol)

The amount you can take out in one day is set by your home bank not the Moroccan bank's ATM you are using.

Make sure to let your home bank know you are going to Morocco and also discuss raising your daily withdrawal limit to fit your needs better.

Lastly some banks ATM machines in morocco add a usage fee to your withdrawal amount, they do warn you so you can cancel the transaction . If this happens just cancel and go to another bank ( most banks still are free to use ATM).

Edited: 23 September 2018, 21:37
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: ATM cash limit

..hh!!

2 times..2000 dh is 4000dh.

I am guilty not to have say in two operations..

But talking about the atm cash limit..( thought daily )

This said , the precision upper might help.

Cheers,Olli.

penna
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: ATM cash limit

@olli

I typed my reply before i saw your post.

Solihull, United...
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
759 posts
74 reviews
5. Re: ATM cash limit

Thanks.

My query was around the limit in a single transaction at an ATM rather than an overall daily limit on the card.

So it sounds like 2000 dhs in one go.

Thanks.

penna
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: ATM cash limit

there are a very rare few ATM that will let you out 4000 DH otherwise the max a machine will let you take is the 2000 DH mentioned before.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
60 reviews
7. Re: ATM cash limit

#comicman..hh..not a single atm Will let you talke 4000 in ONE time..but All ATM in Morocco Will for sure autorize twice..whatever you can say. Cheers.Olli.

Solihull, United...
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
759 posts
74 reviews
8. Re: ATM cash limit

I can confirm that the half dozen ATMs I accessed last week all allowed multiple withdrawals with a maximum of 2k limit per transaction.

penna
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
40 reviews
9. Re: ATM cash limit

An addendum to this thread.

Remember that , when it is stated daily limit they do not mean calendar days but bank days in many cases ( some banks update every day but most update on bank days ) .

What this means is if you have a 4000 Dh limit per day of total withdrawals and you take 4000 Dh out on Friday or Saturday depending on home banks time zone , it can be Monday before you are able to take more out ( if it is a home bank holiday on the Monday it can be Tuesday before reset)

So for me I take out extra on Thursday leaving my limit for emergencies or splurges on the weekend.

Reply to: ATM cash limit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted