We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have booked riad now need cheap airfares..

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
have booked riad now need cheap airfares..

any advice on cheap airfares from Spainto Marrakech??

I can leave from Madrid, Austurias or Barcelona airport and I dont know whether I should book an airfare now or wait until i get to Spain in early Sept. (Marrakech trip is early Oct.) and try to get a last minute flight deal..

any advice would be most appreciated.

thanks

alexquake

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: have booked riad now need cheap airfares..

Atlas Blue is Royal Air Maroc's budget airline. Am sure you will get a cheap flight if you book now - not 100% sure if they fly to/from Spain but you could check their website.

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: have booked riad now need cheap airfares..

Sorry but I think you need to do this the other way around, book your flights first, then your accommodation, as the budget flights are usually only on certain days and you could save money by playing with the dates a bit if your schedule is flexible. My experience is that the closer you get to the date you want to fly with the budget airlines, the more expensive the fare....better to sort that out now!

Madrid
Level Contributor
255 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: have booked riad now need cheap airfares..

Hi Alex

Unless you're looking for a package (charter flight & big hotel with surplus rooms), I find that last minute flight deals in Madrid are only "deals" compared to the full (astronomical) fare but they are often far from cheap. Also look at Easyjet, they fly to Mkch from Madrid.

Canberra
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: have booked riad now need cheap airfares..

thanks for all the advice..unfortunately I had to book the accomodation first because the window for traveling to marrakech is rather small, I only had a spread of 8 days that I was free to travel.

I have a full schedule of family weddings and get togethers..last time I was in spain was 20 years ago and all my family is there.

I have managed to find two adult return flights from madrid to marrakech for approx 154euros? does this seem reasonable?

this forum has been a god send, so thank you in advance for all the advice.

alex.

Madrid
Level Contributor
255 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: have booked riad now need cheap airfares..

Sounds reasonable to me. The best price I managed to get for Mad-Mkch (booking 6 months in advance) was 106€ with Iberia.

Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1 post
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: have booked riad now need cheap airfares..

You could try having a look at Easyjet - for the first three days in October one-way from Madrid is less than 30 euros - but be quick. Past experience has taught me that these sort of prices don't last long. I'm using the same route at the end of this week for my second visit to Marrakech - loved it so much the first time, my wife and I just had to go back.