We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

london
9 posts
Save Topic
destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

i am organising a hen weekend and the hen is quite interesrd in going to marrakesh. has anyone ever been there for this reason, and is there lots to do during the day aswel? during the day we would like to go to a spa, do some shopping and sightseeing. in the evenings we would like to go to a club, see a stripshow and normal hen activites. if you have ever been to marrakesh fr this reason, please can you tell me if you enjoyed yourself, and if there any restrictions?

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

Yeah, marrakesh has some great strip shows. You gals will have a ball.

marrakech
Level Contributor
248 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

I think maybe the previous post was being sarcastic! Stripshows are NOT part f the culture for obvious reasons,and if that is the sort of thing you are after best hit Spain etc, Morocco is not the place for you!

Long may that sort of thing NOT be a part of the life out here

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

I'd go with the view that you 'll ceratinly have fun but don't bet your last dime on a nude show. Go to a spa, try a disco( Pacha, Theatro) or restaurant with live music ( Jad Mahal or le comptoir)

You can also try to cook Moroccan at one of the many cooking schools in Marrakech or even organise a private party at a riad with belly dancers, Moroccan music and food

london
Level Contributor
149 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

Tikke - I do not think marrkech is for you. It's not really a matching t-shirt angel wings drinking competition pulling spa centre strip club boutique mall kind of place. (and keep in mind it's a moslem country)

spartakev
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

you're joking right?

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

Absolutely not. 'Hen' may like to come for her honeymoon. A Hen Night would be a disaster.

xxx
Level Contributor
228 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

Ditto to most of the above, particularly marradonkey's comments.

It will be a wonderful place for a honeymoon but the culture of countries like Morocco is more and more under threat from these type of activities (just look at Prague).

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

I've just come back and wouldn't advise Marrakech for a hen party, it's more of a cultural place than a party place. I wouldn't recommend as a honeymoon place either - the city is quite manic so doesn't fit into the typical romantic relaxing honeymoon destination.

I would recommend Marrakesh for couples without children and I would suggest your friend goes there with her husband and maybe another couple or two before they have children. She should definitely go though - fascinating city!!!

Somerset, England
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

One other thing! Booze is very expensive there too for obvious reasons. It would cost you a fortune.

Marrakech is still safe from Hen/Stag do's, please keep it that way!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,351 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: destination: marrakesh for a hen weekend

Perhaps you may wish to consider going to Prague in the Czech Republic as this is the hen capital of the world. It's also the top place to lose ones passport and then expect the Foreign Office to sort things out.

I seriously hope such a practice never becomes the norm in Morocco and I hate to say it, but I always try to steer clear of British tourists wherever I go, especially the ones who just want to get laid and pi**ed.