We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Marrakech hotels and how do I get to Erg Chebbi?

Sweden
9 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Marrakech hotels and how do I get to Erg Chebbi?

I am planning a romantic trip to Maroc as a surprise for my husbands 30th birthday combined as a delayed honeymoon. I am thinking of Marrakech and need advise on romantic sexy hotels! ;)First i was thinking Caravan Serai but then i read the bad rewiev and now i am unsure.. Also have been thinking of Dar les Cigognes or Riad dar One. Any recommendations? Also I need guidance on how to get to Les Nomades (Merzouga, Erg Chebbi) By plane I guess? We will be staying in Maroc for only one week is it possible to visit both Marrakech and the desert of Erg Chebbi in that time without stress? Many qustions, hopefully theres someone out ther who can help..

Portland, OR
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Marrakech hotels and how do I get to Erg Chebbi?

If you would like to tour the country via land -- we used the brothers from berberespace.com. They will pick you up in a Toyota Land Cruiser in Marrakesh-or where ever. I think the nearest airport to Merzouga is Ourzazate (sp). I think Royal Air Maroc goes to and from for decent. We flew into Casablanca and it seemed a prettier drive and more to see on the way to Merzouga. (We stayed in Fez along the way which I thoroughly enjoyed) The brothers were quite attentive to make sure we had a wonderful trip and set up our accomadations along the way. And since they are from the desert - we had a wonderful authentic berber lunch with their family one day! Hassan speaks decent english and Yousef was a very safe driver. Tell them Tina recommended them!

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
761 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Marrakech hotels and how do I get to Erg Chebbi?

I believe you can fly to Ouzarzate, but it is still a long drive from there (4-5 hrs.). I would suggest hiring a guide/driver from Marrakech, with an overnight stop in Ouzarzate. The drive through the High Atlas is really beautiful and interesting. We used Blue Men of Morocco (www.bluemenofmorocco.com) and were extremely happy with everything.

I think a week is enough time to do Marrakech and the desert. We did 8 nights - 3 in Marrakech, 1 in Ouzarzate, 1 in the desert in a berber tent, 1 in Merzouga and 2 in Fez. If you can add an extra night, it would be worth seeing Fez.

Also, look at Riad Kniza in Marrakech (www.riadkniza.com) fabulous riad!!

3. Re: Romantic Marrakech hotels and how do I get to Erg Chebbi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 15:19