We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marakech New Year

Harwich, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
Save Topic
Marakech New Year

Hi just wanted some genral advice on New Year in Markech really.

Firstly as it is a chritian holiday is new year generally celebrated in Morroco or would we be pretty much celebrating by ourselves (whic we don't mind).

Secondly what kind of expierence should i expect from Marakech around that time of year?

has anyone had a new year in Marakech before?

thanks for your help.

xxx
Level Contributor
228 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marakech New Year

Hi. I have spent New Year in Marrakech before. Accommodation-wise, my advice is to get somewhere with some form of heating as it can get very cold as soon as the sun goes down. Weather can be changeable: of the 7 days we were there, 2 were heavy rain and the temperature struggled all week to get above 16 degrees C. But it can be gloriously sunny and warm too.

New Year's Day is not a Christian holiday and is a public holiday in Morocco. I found it just as busy as any other time of the year although I recall paying a hefty compulsory New Year Eve's dinner charge at the hotel I was staying at. As mentioned before, Marrakech was traditionally a winter resort but seems to be all year round resort now so things won't be closed for the winter, in fact, quite the opposite.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marakech New Year

As Marcharbel ,pointed out, Marrakech is is busy at New years time. However, it's extremely expensiv e as hotels and restauranst charge ludicurous prices for New Year Eve ' s dinner and spectacle.

3. Re: Marakech New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 17:21
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech