We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are things Closed on Dec 25th?

nyc
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Are things Closed on Dec 25th?

Hi -we will be in Morocco the week of christmas, are things(shops tourist spots) closed on the day of chirstmas? Also I read in the forums that there is an over night train from Marrakech to fez, however on the oncf site the lastest train i see reachs fez at 2am. Is it safe to reach fez at 2am, I will be travelling with my husband. Also is one full day and most of the second day(till 6pm) enough to see marrakech?

We will be in casablanca for a few hours on a friday, since I was told most things are closed on friday..any recommandations what I can do( we get to casablanca in the morning around 9am)

M & A Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Rough Tours
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Marrakech Guided Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are things Closed on Dec 25th?

shops are not closed on Christmas day. taxis will be waiting outside train station whatever time you arrive. As longa syou book your accommodation everything shoudl be ok

A day isn't enough to see most of Marrakech but you need to target must- see

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are things Closed on Dec 25th?

I wouldn't suggest arriving to Fes at 2 a.m., not so much because of safety, as checking-in to a hotel. You should at least make sure that wherever you are staying will allow a check-in at that time.

Christmas is not a holiday celebrated in Morocco, for obvious reasons.

nyc
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are things Closed on Dec 25th?

how much is it to hire a taxi to go from marrakech to fez?

penna
Level Contributor
621 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are things Closed on Dec 25th?

why taxi it , safer and cheeper to take the train.

very east train trip.

but to answer your question i would not pay much more then 200 euro for that trip ( plus the tolls for the toll road)

And only go the toll road, a much safer way and faster.

5. Re: Are things Closed on Dec 25th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 12:20