We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dining out in Marakech

wrexham
1 post
Save Topic
dining out in Marakech

i will be visiting marrakech in easter and i am wondering if anybody can help me, i am looking for more "expensive" restaurants in and around marrakech.

i am thankful for any help.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dining out in Marakech

expensive restaurants by local standards are Yacout, foundouk, Dar Marjna, dar Moha, tobsil, la maison arabe, diaffa, Alfassia...Prices start at 400 dh and go to 700 . is that expensive enough for you?

West Midlands
Level Contributor
33 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dining out in Marakech

Try Dar Moha (f thats how its spelt) check out my review. Its outside the Medina about a 5-10min walk. Fantastic and different food to that found within the medina. We sat outside beside the pool. The area was lite with candels and dim lights. There were 2 traditional musicians playing when we were there. Very attentive and excellant service. I couldnt reccommend it highly enough.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
719 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dining out in Marakech

Funny how different people have different perceptions.

We dined at Dar Mohar and thought it very average, and a little tasteless, unless you like plate fulls of sloppy veg.

For excellent food the best one out of 11 we tried was the Fondouk.

For a bit of class and elegance i think we dined in the Pavilion.

Torino, Italia
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: dining out in Marakech

You can always tell the waiter you want to pay double the price, if not expensive enough

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: dining out in Marakech

try www.lesabal.com one of the best in Marrakech

Bora Bora
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: dining out in Marakech

Philpetrus, are you the boss of Le SEBAL?

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: dining out in Marakech

not at all, but during our stay in Marrakech on march 2006, we had the occasion to eat there and it was really good ... and expensive. The interior and the garden are wonderfull ....That's all folks ...

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dining out in Marakech

THere is also Bo Zin on the road going out of Marrakech - i think Route d'OUrika- waiters in designer outfits of chocolate brown sarongs and DJ later on. THis is pricey but classy has gardens outdoor area for aperitif and a very eclectic menu.

And it is expensive!

London
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: dining out in Marakech

Le Foundouk is fantastic. My friend and I took a taxi there and were met in the street by a man in a cloak and fez! We hadn't booked a table but they were more than happy to fit us in and we sat on a luxurious long couch at a low table. Menus come in English or French and the service is efficient and unpretentious. The food was delicious and they have a reasonable wine list. I'm going back in 2 weeks and have called ahead to book a table.

Harrogate
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dining out in Marakech

Go to Le Comptoir. It is great fun. The food (average) is only part of it- but the floor show is fantastic!

Get answers to your questions about Marrakech