We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

HI!

I'm writing to complain about the review published on trip advisor concerning Dar Najat

Whoever wrote it either made it up or is, as I suspect, a rival riad owner who hates dar Najat

We have no record in our establishment of the name of the traveler suppose to stay at our riad . If the person claims he stayed at Dar Najat, coudl he / she provide proof ( online booking or deposit or fax confirmation?)

What's also strange is the person mention he stayed in february..Why such a long time after such a bad experience to react?If you double check the the profile of the person who wrote the review you'll find out he had never been anywhere. I can't explain myself how eleven posts reagrding dar najat at the period concerned are all elogious at the total opposite of this one;This is odd from someone who claims to have used trip advisor for most of his travels.

We just receved an other terrible post this morning with same style&lowest rate possible with a guest who again never been any where when you check the profile and again...who waited several months to publish his litterature afer such a terrible experience..!

Anyone can write a review to tarnish the reputation of a riad or hotel and get away with it. This sabotages the good work we do on a daily basis to upgrade our services and to please our clients

We feel we have been unjustly treated and recommed tripadvisor take necessary measures to remedy the situation by removing the biased review

Warmest regards

Oliver

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

Sadly it works both ways; many riads, some hotels and also trip organisers are guilty of arranging their own fake reviews in an effort to attract custom, luckilly these are easy to identify due to the awful grammar used.

It is conceivable the author used false details so as not to be identified by you.

I certainly try to be as unbiassed as possible when composing reviews, citing good points as well as bad points.

If you feel the review was unfair, as you have stated, contact the staff at TA (bottom of page "About Us") and request removal.

Some travellers are quite sensitive and it does not take much to upset there delicate disposition, waiter taking his time to bring food or drink, TV did not work, insufficient hot water etc. Some people do expect too much at times and although I am unfamiliar with your establishment, I know that not all hotels and riads are as high a standard as one might expect.

Wishing your establishment much success in the future.

Ferrara, Italy
Level Contributor
29 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

Me and my husband we spent our Honey Moon at Riad Dar Najat and everything was TOTALLY PERFECT!!!

I mean.... we were picked up at the airport (for free!!) even our flight was delayed and there was a huge queue at the passport control.. I just called up Oliver, the owner, to assure him we were landed and everything was fine with the driver.

When we arrived we have been warmely welcomed by Oliver and the staff: they offered us a HUGE breakfast (and if I say so, it's just because I'm used to travel a lot.. and normally all the other riads are just offering a mint tea as welcome).

The place is more than lovely & clean, is a spot of relax and fun in the very heart of the Medina.

Oliver also arranged for us a daytrip to Ourika Valley just the night before we decided to go there.

So what's wrong with that guys???????????????????

I just can't believe my eyes when I read so bad reviews.

Riad Dar Najat ROCKS!

Ms Larsen

Mentioned in this post
Riad Dar Najat
Riad Dar Najat
1,131 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Ourika Valley
Ourika Valley
841 Reviews
Ourika, Morocco
Belfast
Level Contributor
12 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

I would also like to say that Riad Dar Najat was excellent.

We visited last October and Oliver was a brilliant host and went out of his way to make us feel welcome. His staff were also extremely helpful and the riad itself is beautiful.

Oliver and Souad put a lot of effort into making their guests' stays as best as can be and it's a shame that these jealous people are out to try and ruin it.

Mentioned in this post
Riad Dar Najat
Riad Dar Najat
1,131 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Barbados
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

Dar Najat is great, I stayed there in early June and have no complaints.

Clean, friendly and best of all comfortable. Oliver and his staff are super fantastic, I can only speak English but had no problem, from the first day when one of his staff showed me the way to the main square, to the last day taxi ride he arranged to the airport.

I would stay at this riad again if I was blind, had one foot and deaf.

UK
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

We stayed with Oliver and his team at Dar Najat in February 2008. Neither of the two recent bad reviews rang true with us, particularly the one that rated the location with 1 dot. We wouldn't hesitate to return there in the future.

Anyone who's ever been to Dar Najaat would know that to stay any closer to the centre of things you would have to sleep in Jemaa el Fna itself!

Online booking can be difficult - however experienced travellers take the time to confirm things directly with Oliver himself who is always available by email.

When we were there everything was spotlessly cleaned and the rooms were airy - how can a room be "musty" when it's off an internal courtyard open to the fresh air?

It's a shame that TripAdvisor hasn't introduced some form of review verification - perhaps this is something that should be looked at?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,350 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

As destination expert for Marrakech , I'd like to add my lot to the ongoing discussion about fake reviews. I am bemused when I look at the rating of riads in Marrakech and realise some of the best riads are not even listed or occupy end position. While the lucky ones hardly seem to get bad reviews and so are always in front position. One explanation is some riads urge their clients to write while others fail to do so and therefore get less good ratings. Other riad owners, I suspect, ask their friends or family based outside of Morocco to write positive reviews.

It's hard to detect real from fake reviews but I'm all the time, wary of general descriptions and use of superlatives such a 'little piece of heaven', 'a diamond in the rough' , 'paradise on earth' and 'oasis in the midst of chaos'. One could write a papern on the mystique of riads on Marrakech trip advisor forum

I'm also wary of someone who writes one review and disappears and someone who has not travelled much.

In a very competitive environment such as tourism rivalry and enemity is not uncommon. To destroy a riad's reputation it takes a few biased reviews by real or fake travellers.

Dar Najat which has been targeted is a case in point. You can't please every traveller because there will always be those who hate a riad because it's dirty or in ill- famed neighborgood or get awakened by the call of the Muezin or the service is slow or the pool is a splash or the staff don't speak English, or th room is dark. A host of reasons to decry the riad

I've been to dar Najat as I have been to others and can only certify in all honesty that the negative critiques don't do justice to the owner's constant efforts to improve the quality and services of his riad

Since I'm not empowered by trip advisor to visit every single riad in Marrakech, but only those who re willing to open their doors so I can provide honest and unbiased reviews of their establishment, I only hope that trip advsisor staff set rigorous guidelines for reviews. Before publication information of when and where and proof or stay should be provided

Wishing the best for fellow travellers

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,601 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

good message TBeliever and if you had not come in at this time i would have been suspicious of the prior messages coming in registering as first postings.

Of all the sites I go on in Trip Advisor the general Moroccan one is possibly the most suspect when coming to recommendations.

I am guilty of not reviewing past stops in Morocco and will attempt to rectify that.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Brighton
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

Travellers be Wary of fake reviews !

A girlfriend and I stayed at Dar Najat in the Spring and found it a most eclectic haven from the hustle and bustle and often exhaustion of central Marrakesh. The great location meant the 'madness' was out there if you wanted it and so close, but if you wanted rest, comfort, cleanliness and helpful advice, then this Riad offered all of that and more. Of course certain noises are going to prevail - you should hear the annoying seagulls screaming in Brighton by the sea where I live at dawn every morning when you want to sleep on ! If you cannot bear indigenous stuff like that, then dont go anywhere, you are not a traveller ! Same goes for complaints about musty, dark, airless rooms - you are staying in ancient traditional building lovingly restored as much as one can to modern day standards but .... you are not in a new 21st century boring new build full of mainly lemmings ! and where else do you get such a lovely breakfast as DAr Najat put on in such pretty surroundings with such sweet tunes playing too. People need their heads testing or to stay at home ! Wanna go back one day for sure ! Stay cool Olivier et salut ! Alexandra Naoumoff x

Mentioned in this post
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

I don't know, all these first time posters coming out of the woodwork to praise Dar Najat seems a little odd to me. Any hotel on TA is subject to a few disgruntled reviews, but most people can discern that for themselves. I think these postings may have the opposite effect, of making the establishment look overly defensive.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: falk revews with very very bad intentions!!!

hi chano!

I just read your post and i will say after the two revews pritty ugly and unfair,i'm really glad to hear from guests who had great trip and who try to give us a little help!

You can find it defensive..!but what am i supposed to do when we receved several posts as bad as we had chano?let them write what ever they wont with out doing any thing could be an other way..

For my own,i really want to say a huge thanks to guests who we're kind enough to tell what they really think!

We hope to have the plesure to see you ..one day!

Sincerly yours,oliver.