We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does anyone plan a trip to Morocco without their head ex

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
How does anyone plan a trip to Morocco without their head ex

OK, so I am going OTT. ;) But I am an experienced traveler, happy to do the research and put in my time and this trip planning is completely doing my head in!

Trying to wade through the hundreds of riads is bad enough w/o the further wading through (seemingly) thousands of potentially fake reviews. Add to that my BF dragging his feet about booking which leads us to a late start. It feels like everything we find that seems legit is already booked.

This post is just a frustrated rant unless someone can give me a legit recommendation for a medina riad under €120.

Thanks for listening!

London
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: How does anyone plan a trip to Morocco without their head ex

I have wanted to go to Morocco ever since I married one !! lol and have been promising my daughter that we would go there for her 18th birthday .

Also an experienced traveller I too was daunted at the prospect of a week alone in a 'strange' country with only my two children.

I took the advice of an aquaintance and booked Riad Tiswa just north of the square and very easy to find.

Having heard horror stories about everything from being robbed,kidnappened and worse ???? we had no problem from the moment we were picked up from the airport and transported back in time hundreds of years to a haven of tranquility and calm.

In fact we loved it so much we are already booking are next trip and plan to buy a property there asap!!!!

Go and ENJOY !!!!!

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does anyone plan a trip to Morocco without their head ex

Thanks for your reply Katherine.

In a very odd turn of events, we contacted Riad Tizwa today, only to find out that the owner knows my partner from Uni. Now you have mentioned them as well!

The world is a small, small place! :)

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does anyone plan a trip to Morocco without their head ex

Crikey....i found this one of the easiest countries to research. think that you take a drink sit back and relax this place is a breeze to get around,eat,drink and generally cruise.

if you are still having accom probs message me for a nice cheap riad with a genuine Morock host.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does anyone plan a trip to Morocco without their head ex

Maybe my bad spelling in prior reply was apt as in certain areas it was More-rocker

5. Re: How does anyone plan a trip to Morocco without their head ex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 22:20