We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in February

UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in February

Hi

Could someone please tell me what the weather is like early February? We are going for a few days and I didn't realise prior to booking what the weather is like at that time of year. One of those impulse decisions!!! Will it be a complete wash out or can we hope for sunshine?

Thanks in advance!

newport, s. wales
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in February

I have stayed in marrakech the last 2 Feb's. This year I arrived 1st Feb and it was raining, and it continued raining for a week, so I took a coach to Laayoune in Western Sahara. Last year '08 arrived 3rd Feb stayed 10 days and was sunny everyday 18 degree's C. but cold at night.

marrakech
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in February

The weather has become changeable and unpredictable and therefore hard to forecast.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
612 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in February

I'm not an expert on this subject, but I was in Marrakech for a few days in mid-January a number of years back.

The weather was sunny for those few days. In the middle of the day, the temperature got to about 24 degrees celsius or so. At night, it was in the mid-teens.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in February

Marrakech is experiencing the effects of global warming, like anywhere else. The weather was indeed a bit mad the last couple of years and it is pot luck what you will get in February. I suppose the answer is to be prepared for rain but hope for some sunny days.

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in February

I was in Marrakach this February. You may or may not get rain - I think that the previous posts paint a bit of a pessimistic picture in that it is not excessively wet. However, the thing that might take you by surprise is how cold it can be, particularly in the evenings.

hassilabiad-merzouga
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in February

Hello,

It will be 30° degrees in the day and 0°-10° at night .

So cold at night so you should bring your wenter clothes(jakets and ect...)

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in February

I was there at exactly the same time as you last year MajUk . It got as low as 13-15C at night and as high as 24C in the daytime. Climate wise you have picked the right time to go. It is slightly cooler at the coast at Essouira and in the Atlas mountans but a light jacket or layers are all you'll really require. I'd just wished everything else in Morocco was half as pleasant as its climate at that time of year ! Sadly its the only positive thing I can say about the place IMO.

8. Re: Weather in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 06:16