We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you go back to marrakech or not????

London, United...
Level Contributor
451 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Would you go back to marrakech or not????

Thinking of going to Marrakech but had mixed reports, can anyone who has been honestly say if they'd go back or not?

Thank you

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you go back to marrakech or not????

I would 100% return to Marrakech...

In fact, I'm returning next month for 4 days (+3 days in Fes this time)

cheers

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you go back to marrakech or not????

Yes I like it so much that I live here!

3. Re: Would you go back to marrakech or not????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 12:31
4. Re: Would you go back to marrakech or not????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 17:13
Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would you go back to marrakech or not????

Yep, thought it was fantastic. Even though we've seen all the tourist sites I would go back just to sit in the square and watch all the activity of the afternoon; monkeys, snake charmers, dancers, stands selling teeth or snails, food stalls being set up and then the smells of all the food and watching the cooking and all the colours of the spices. Fantastic atmosphere and great to just sit and absorb.

nuneaton
Level Contributor
634 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would you go back to marrakech or not????

would i go back ??? mmmm let me think on that, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,well ive thought the answers YES and so will you, because its an explosion of he sences ,the likes of which you will want to feel again and again,so go and enjoy,:) davro

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
809 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would you go back to marrakech or not????

went for the first time 2 weeks ago and already booked to go back in July - its an incredible place, yes its utter chaos but so enchanting!!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would you go back to marrakech or not????

As a one -off experience it was great. I would explore somewhere else next time. I dont enjoy haggling and I dont like the constant 'come here my friend' nonsense. BUT... as a one off i do not regret it. I wouldnt go back. Been there, done that. I prefer Africa south of the Sahara. Different vibe.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would you go back to marrakech or not????

Like a shot, and I would combine it with Essaouira again, or another trip for 2/3 days. I like some contrast. And whilst parts of the Marrakech experience involve bustle and hassle and an assault on the senses, it's not like that all day every day. There's peace and tranquility too, and a quiet wander in parks if you choose, and a sit in a cafe to watch the world go by.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
92 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would you go back to marrakech or not????

Yes!!! I went to Marrakesh three years ago and have just booked to go back in October for my 50th birthday with friends. Can't wait it is a fab place!

Get answers to your questions about Marrakech