We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent Flight Advice Required

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent Flight Advice Required

Hello, hoping one of you may be able to help me. I recently booked a flight to Marrakesh with Easyjet. Riads all booked & paid for.....Monday I rcvd an email stating my flights were cancelled with no option of a refund or a transfer. Yesterday I rcvd a further mail advising this was an error but the flights have been rescheduled. They failed to inform when they have been rescheduled to. Called their customer service line to be kept on hold for one hour, then line went dead. Mailed them through their website twice only to receive a mail asking me to stop contacting them!! Does anyone know of a governing body I can contact or any other way of trying to contact easyjet? A frustrated easy jet customer who was soooo looking forward to her trip to Marrakesh.......Any advice very much appreciated...

Bedford
Level Contributor
226 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent Flight Advice Required

Ok, one the simplest ways to do this would be to go to the aiport you are leaving from and speak to the sales department there. They will have all the information for you, and forms if you need them (Make sure you take a copy of all corrspondents). If this is not an option you can contact the CAA using their website for phone numbers who will give you advice. Also send a written letter explaining the entire situation with copies of the e-mails to Easyjet complaints Department with URGENT PER FLIGHT PROBLEMS written on it. Thats worked for people in the past. When do you actually fly? Have you ensured that these are not spam e-mail?

All the Best

Alex

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent Flight Advice Required

I'm not sure that this is the best place to have posted your question. Anyway, I'll have a stab. You are likely to be expected to follow the company's own Complaint's procedure (might be easier said than done, you have to get hold of it first), prior to taking it further.

They have an online form here

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easyjet.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=Ya9gNNqj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=29&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0yMzAsMjMwJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**

Their address appears to be

easyJet Airline Co Ltd

Hangar 89

London Luton Airport

Bedfordshire

LU2 9PF

and their Chief Executive is Andrew Harrison.

Finally, if you get nowhere by other routes

http://www.auc.org.uk/

www.auc.org.uk/default.aspx…

Edited: 11 February 2010, 19:25
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent Flight Advice Required

Hi Alex...thanks very much for your reply. I fly in a couple of weeks although live a fair distance from my departure airport. I shall definitely give it a try though on Saturday & see what I can find out. I did try calling the easyjet service desk at Manchester airport but unfortunately it just continually rang with no reply. Appreciate your advice, thank you

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent Flight Advice Required

Hello...yes I had thought this probably isn't the best place but seemed to be getting no where trying other sites. Thanks for what you have managed to find out for me, I will certainly try all options....Not the usual exciting lead up to a holiday but we live & learn. Have since found out that their not even registered with ATOL.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
409 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent Flight Advice Required

I find it very hard to believe this. I fly with Easyjet all the time and in my experience they would never cancel a flight with no refund or transfer option.

They had to cancel a lot of flights in January due to the snow and everyone was offered the choice of either a refund or a transfer to another flight.

Are you sure that they have not just changed the terminal, the flight no or the departure time? That sometimes happens.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent Flight Advice Required

Hi...I found it difficult to believe too but the first email clearly states flights are cancelled with the second outlining an error & they have been rescheduled. Unfortunatley they don't state when or time of the rescheduling. Also they are still selling the same flights that I have booked, all rather confusing. Perhaps it is spam mail but I've not idea how I find this out as not been able to speak with anyone at easyjet. Also they are no responding to my mails

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
409 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent Flight Advice Required

Have you tried going into the My Bookings section on the website? All the details of your flight should be in there.

It is strange if they don't reply to emails, I had to email them once about something and they replied fairly quickly.

devon
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent Flight Advice Required

When I had queries with flights I found the tripadvisor air travel forum very helpful. They might be able to point you in the right direction. Hope you get it sorted.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent Flight Advice Required

Hi...Yes I've already been through the 'My bookings' section on their website. even more confusing as my original flights are still showing. I have also tried to book the same flights under a separate customer & they are still being sold? A colleague advised me yesterday that there was an article in The Mail on Thursday regarding Easyjet & their recent confusion of emails. Will see what I can find out from there....thanks

Whitstable
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Urgent Flight Advice Required

I had exactly the same problem! I booked my flight in August 2009 for departure Sunday 14th Feb, return Wed 17th Feb. I went to book in on line Friday 12th and it said both flights disrupted and was prompted to amend. I tried phoning and after over 75 minutes waiting gave up (at 10p per minute). I them amended my booking - flying 3 days later (causing great hassle with childcare arrangements, lost hotel deposits, cancel airport parking etc. )What I should have done was stayed on the line or participate in an on line chat. What had actually happened was the plane was delayed (only an hour) - not cancelled but by me panicking they could then sell my £40 ticket for £290! single. The problem with Easyjet is that they try to do everything through the web but are poor communicators (my confirmation still says flight disrupted although it isn't- a carry over from previous confirmation) and the back up e mail,phone and chat are poor.