We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant reccomendations

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant reccomendations

Going to Marrakech tomorrow & after reading all restaurant reviews on TA & posts on this forum over the last few months I am still undecided on where to eat!. Can anyone advise on Riad Kniza, Le Tobsil or Riad de Monceau for one evening and Al Fassia or Le fondouk for the following evening. Have been to Marrakech before & ate at Jad Mahal but want to try somewhere else this time.

Thanks

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant reccomendations

Riad Kniza is good although overpriced in my opinion, but anyway..... if you book there, please call them and book as early as possible, as they prepare meals to order -For the same money, I would go to Dar Moha. Al Fassia is also good, but must book in advance as well. I have not tried the others, so cannot really give you an opinion....

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant reccomendations

Thanks MimiaTata, much appreciated.

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant reccomendations

Hi 007!

I've only tried Le Foundouk from your list. The ambience was very nice, but the prices and value for the food offered was nothing extraordinary. One gets the feeling that they're really trying to let you know how trendy they want you to think it is to eat there.

No locals there during my visit; only pale-faced tourists and ex-pats, so take from that what you will.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant reccomendations

Al Fassia is overpriced and overrated... have a look at my reviews... try Fondouk...

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant reccomendations

Got to disagree about Al Fassia, especially saying it's over-priced. i think getting food that good at the prices they charge almost embarrassing.

Spain
Level Contributor
159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant reccomendations

I agree with thelast post , AlFassia is So over rated , ordinary Moroccan food at silly prices, with indifferent service to go with it and no garden or terrace.Fondouk is nice , and average prices for Marrakech . Dar Moha bit over priced and the reviews in guide book lead you to believe the food is really different , fusion etc, but it is not .....just ordinary.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant reccomendations

anyone else thinks aidlesultan works for al fassia?

ct
Level Contributor
274 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant reccomendations

Last week our party of four ate at Le Fondouk, Riad Kniza and Trattoria. Would recommend Le Fondouk and Riad Kniza. Were not able to get into Al Fassia due to the fact it was booked. Did not care for Trattoria. All were pretty expensive.

At Riad Kniza we were seated on the roof terrace under a tented table and served beautifully. At Le Fondouk the food was good and the atmosphere was lovely. Would go to either again.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant reccomendations

I've had great meals at Le Tobsil, which I'd highly recommend.

I also like Le Comptoir, in Hivernage. Great ambience, good food and there are choices for people who have chronic 'Tajine fatigue'.

10. Re: Restaurant reccomendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech