We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about drinking mint tea...

Florida
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Question about drinking mint tea...

I have been reading all the tourist sites about what to drink and eat to avoid "travelers diahrea". As they say to stay away from all but bottled water, does anyone know if one can safely drink the mint tea?

Thanks

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about drinking mint tea...

I'm a non-Moroccan who's slurped back plenty of mint tea in my travels around Morocco and haven't had any problems with it at all.

If you have a sensitive stomach, that's one thing, but if not, "Go for it", I say! You will be offered it everywhere and in most cases, it's quite tasty!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,235 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about drinking mint tea...

should it come to the worst ask for a thyme tea or cumin;both work for upset stomach

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about drinking mint tea...

You can never really tell what is going to give you stomach problems. I went for the mint tea, including in houses where the cups looked dirty, and was fine.

In India recently I drank chai from the dirtiest cup I have ever seen and was fine. A few days later I ate from a buffet (foolish thing to do) at a very upmarket hotel and got the worst food poisoning I have ever had. Its unpredictable.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about drinking mint tea...

The water is boiled, after all, for mint tea. I never had any problems anywhere in Morocco from mint tea.

Do not worry.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,941 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about drinking mint tea...

What about the ;milk for coffee, i heard that that can make you not feel so well.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about drinking mint tea...

Mint tea is pretty safe as the other members said. I never had problems with milk either. Stay away from salads and ice cream.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about drinking mint tea...

I love mint tea and drinks lots of it when I am in Morocco, never had a problem. Stay away from the sauce they give you at Jemma El Fna food stalls.

Belgium
Level Contributor
116 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about drinking mint tea...

Mint tea is certainly safe, because the water is boiled. I eat and drink everything in Morocco and never had any problems, but I have an iron stomach :-)

Canada, Kentucky
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about drinking mint tea...

Hi ,

Mint tea is certainly safe ,I love mint tea and drink lots of it when I was in Morocco, never had a problem,because the water is boiled .

northumberland
Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about drinking mint tea...

I have a funny tummy all the time even at home and I loved the mint tea as it seems to settle is. I didn't like it if they added the sugar to the pot as that could be too sweet so I asked for without but added a small amount of sugar myself. But that is personal taste.