We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excursions

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
Level Contributor
125 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
excursions

Hi

I am only going to be in marrakech for four days, is it worth doing an excursion? If so should it be atlas mountains or essouria?

thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excursions

Atlas mountain is a short ride; Essaouira takes a whole day. Both are worth the detour if you had more time

netherlands
Level Contributor
672 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: excursions

I think you can do Marrakech in 2 or 3 days and really would recommend doing at least 1 day trip outside the city to see something more than just one town.

You easily can decide when staying in Marrakech; personally I would opt fot the Atlas Mountains.

happy travels

Jaap

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excursions

We were recently in Marrakech for 4 days and we easily fitted in a day in the Atlas mountains and felt we had seen most of what is to be seen in Marrakech.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: excursions

The High Atlas mountains (Ourika, Imlil, Asni) would be my top choice of a day trip, and has been mentioned, it is a short journey from Marrakech.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
125 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: excursions

thanks everyone, think we will do the mountains, is it best to arrange throught the riad (if they ever reply to my email!)

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,210 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: excursions

Hi,

It's probably best to arrange a trip with your Riad as they will know the drivers and use the same reliable group all the time but it may be a wee bit more expensive than other options.

7. Re: excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 06:17