We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Topic
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Hi everyone,

I'm just after some information on the ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie as we are going there for two weeks at the end of August.

i) Does the gym have air-con as am keen on keeping up my training regime but been places before and the gyms didn't have air-con.

ii) Is it a nightmare to get a sun lounger with a parosol for shade or do you have to get up early to place your towel on them

iii) I take it they supply you with towels around the pool also.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Regards

David

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,153 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Hi,

Some of the earlier threads (there are hundreds of questions and replies) on this hotel may answer your questions?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

i've had alook but they don't answer all my questions.

hereandthere
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Hello! I've not yet been to this one, but have stopped at Riu's once or twice.....ok lots of times :*)

so....

can't comment on aircon in *this* gym

the lounger situation doesn't appear to be to bad...yet, summer break hasn't started yet! parasols it appears are harder to get, and sometimes hard to keep as the peak holiday period appraches, according to a a recent review. Tipping can help....just depends whether this is a game you're into playing! would be better if they just provided more shade but hey, what can you do!?

Pool towels - you get a towel card each, make sure you get this at check-in. Beware though....if you loose the card you have to pay a fee. In the Caribbean this is us$20 - so it'll be maybe 200, dirhams-ish I'd imagine. You should be able to exchange wet towels for fresh ones throughout the day too.

Hope this helps, and someone else can answer the aircon question.

hereandthere
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

that should be *too* not *to*! sorry

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

The gym has air-con, there are lots of sunloungers, and pool towels are provided. During August the swimming pool will be bliss! Take your trunks and swim to keep fit!

Enjoy your time!

cheltenham
Level Contributor
28 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

I can't comment on the Gym air-con. there are plenty of sun loungers but parasols are in short supply. If you manage to get one, hang on to it for dear life as the pool boys will certainly nick it when you go for lunch and give it to someone else for a few dirhams.

burnley uk
Level Contributor
238 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

If you want a sunbed ect, a small tip to the pool boys will help.What is only small change to you,is a lot of money to them.Therefore look after the pool boy,and he will take care of you,i tip small and often and was treated like a king. Enjoy your holiday,IMO its great hotel

uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Tipping small and often appeals to me.

but how much each time? Having booked all inclusive I won't to able to work out a percentage and want to pay a resonable tip withhout going over the top.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

I'm going to this hotel in September and cant wait. Read lots of great reviews :)

I read somewhere on here that a tip of 20 Dirhams on your first trip to the bar would keep you in the good books!

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

We were there for the first 2 weeks in July and there are plenty of sunbeds and wasn't aware of anyone being unable to find a sunlounger. The parasols were in short supply due to the temperatures soaring to 50 degress which caused a few complaints but this was promptly resolved the next day by the hotel purchasing a batch of new parasols.

So you shouldn't have a problem, or need to be up at the break of dawn to reserve a bed! Or tip, which I do not agree with - we saw people tipping the pool boys to reserve their favourite beds and then not using them for half the day, which is unfair on the people that arrive at the pool with intentions of spending all day there but don't have the option of the better located beds.

Tipping to get better service should not be encouraged, everybody has paid money to be there and should be treated equally. We had great service from the head waiter in the Italian restaurant throughout our stay simply by using good manners and gratitude for the service he provided. Upon leaving we did then tip him as a thank you for his hospitality.