We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Making a 10:00 am flight out of Casablanca from Marrakech?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Making a 10:00 am flight out of Casablanca from Marrakech?

Hi,

Our flight leaves out of Casablanca at 10:00 am. We are staying in Marrakech.

Any suggestions how we can manage staying overnight in Marrakech and making the flight out of Casablanca the next day at 10:00 am?

Thanks!

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
738 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Making a 10:00 am flight out of Casablanca from Marrakech?

I think there is only one way you can do this, and that is by air. Every day there is a flight which leaves Marrakech at 05.40 am and arrives in Casablanca at 06.20 am. At the moment Royal Air Maroc are running an internet-only special offer 'Hot Deal' for tickets on this early flight at a price of 335 dirhams (about $40). I know it's very early, but the next flight would get you in too late for a 10 am international departure. You would have to get up extra early, and you would have time to kill in Casa airport (you can get breakfast there), but I con't think you will find a better way than this.

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
738 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Making a 10:00 am flight out of Casablanca from Marrakech?

Here's the weblink:

www.royalairmaroc.com/Marchand/Eng/Home.jsp

Just type in your departure city (Marrakech) and arrival city (Casablanca) and your travel date, and check the 'one way' box, and the search engine will give you flight details and how to purchase your e-tickets.

It might be worth checking with your local Marrakech RAM office also.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Making a 10:00 am flight out of Casablanca from Marrakech?

Zohor, thanks.

I checked and they have availibility.

Do you happen to know what kind of aircraft is used? Are they small planes or larger ones?

Once I flew roundtrip from Malaga to Casablanca in 2004 with Royal Air Maroc. The planes were small ones. The flights were fine. I know my fear has no basis but I am fearful of small planes.

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
738 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Making a 10:00 am flight out of Casablanca from Marrakech?

On the website it says that that particular flight is serviced by a Boeing 737-800.

However, I am sure that from time to time they substitute other planes, depending on their fleet movement. All I can say is that I have flown on this route and on the early morning flights from Ouarzazate to Casa and have always had the 737. Only once on the late night flight from Casa to Ouarzazate have I had to travel in the smaller plane. I think that there are a lot of tourists in Marrakech who use that flight, so you have more chance of the 737 than if you were, say, in Ouarzazate. I guess the only thing you can do is to check with RAM.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Making a 10:00 am flight out of Casablanca from Marrakech?

Thanks much, Zohor. This is a big help.

I will check with RAM tomorrow and if they indeed use a 737, I resreve with them.

I just hope I can find some way to talk to them. In 2004, I had a hard time contacting a RAM office in US. I finally contacted a travel agency to buy a round trip ticket. However, I must say that RAM agent was pretty nice and helpful in their CMN airport office when I had to change my return flight within 24 hours of my stay due to some circumstances.

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
738 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Making a 10:00 am flight out of Casablanca from Marrakech?

This article might interest you:

www.arabianaerospace.aero/article.php…

Another fact I discovered while surfing: in 2004 RAM had only 23 aircraft. It now has 54, of which 42 are of type Boeing 737-800.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Making a 10:00 am flight out of Casablanca from Marrakech?

Zohor, good article. Last time I used RAM was 6 years ago and looks like they expanded after that.

Thanks once more. This info was a big help. I already purchased the tickets and extended our time in the Riad we are staying at.

I tried to use the RAM web site but was not successful. I called RAM North America 1-800 number which put me through an agent in Casablanca. They offered the same price of 335 DH as internet. I purchased the tickets for 5:40 am. I double-checked with the agent and the aircraft is indeed Boeing 737.

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
738 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Making a 10:00 am flight out of Casablanca from Marrakech?

I'm so glad the information I gave you was helpful.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Zohor

9. Re: Making a 10:00 am flight out of Casablanca from Marrakech?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 15:38