We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

info on supermarket prices and products

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
info on supermarket prices and products

Hi everyone - I'm loving reading all the wonderful advice and tips on Marrakech from you all.

We're going to be spending a week in Marrakech in May 2011 - 3 days in a riad in the centre and then 4 days further out in the countryside in a self-catering place.

The owners of the country house have offered to take us to the supermarket on the way there, after picking us up from the centre - I just wondered how much things cost in supermarkets and whether there is anything I should avoid buying?

Also, am I okay to buy spices from the market, where i assume they will be fresher and cheaper?

thanks so much

Marrakech
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: info on supermarket prices and products

Hello LaLico.

Supermarkets in Marrakech are more or less the same as in Europe and prices are similar, maybe a little bit more expensive but nothing dramatic. It is a good place to buy your groceries and also wine etc and they accept credit cards which is great.

I cannot think of anything that you should not buy...

With regards to spices, yes, they are fresher in the souks although a bit more expensive. Have a great stay!

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: info on supermarket prices and products

That's brilliant, thanks so much.

3. Re: info on supermarket prices and products

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 10:49
Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: info on supermarket prices and products

thanks vwtouareg.

Neither myself nor my husband drink anyway so alcohol isn't a problem. I just wasn't sure what kinds of meat/veg/bread etc were available.

I'm more than happy to forgo "western" foodstuffs in favour of more typical Morroccan fare - I just wanted to make sure that I was prepared for what was available. If you see what I mean!

5. Re: info on supermarket prices and products

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2013, 15:19
6. Re: info on supermarket prices and products

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 05:21