We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back!

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Just back!

Just got back from our trip to Marrakech, full report to follow. LOVED every minute, loved the Souks, loved the people, first visit to Marrakech, it wont be our last! :) Weatherwise, its chilly, but didnt care, too many things we were enjoying!

Going to write my "Sex in the City" Marrakech guide for those girlies out there who want to follow in the footsteps of Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha.. did it ALL!!!

sheffield
Level Contributor
31 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just back!

You will find what you are looking for! Go with an open heart, good humour and without expectation. Stop for mint tea and ask the waiter for directions!

Enjoy

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,764 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just back!

lovejumping,

not sarcastic at all, i just want to be there with you and watch!! would love to get lost in the medina again.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Just back!

Well I believe I do have a relatively good sense of humour Jolidays, we will just have to see how it holds up , Charley I go on the 4th and get back home on the 11th December after a couple of days detour to Oslo on the way back so I will drop a report in about it then , thanks again folks.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,827 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Just back!

I was watching this video of someones holiday in Marrakech and it did look a lot less hassle than Tunisia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biL-JkNTa2A

What gets me is if they never pressure you and non stop hassle you would more than likely go in have a look and barter on a price. Instead you get hassled and end up walking by. For ever 20 people they hassle, they only get one or two go in, instead of 10 or more.

I hear a lot about its their culture, but they have to realise that in our culture we are not used to that and don't like it and if they want to sell to westerners, they have to adapt to us a little to make a sell.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just back!

I agree; Marrakesh is absolutely wonderful. The souk is incredible and the food market at night is just out of this world! Great friendly people and not too much hassle (though when we were in Tunisia last year, not too much hassle either!)

LJ, you will have a great time, I know! ;-)

16. Re: Just back!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2011, 05:18