We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

political unrest

political unrest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 June 2011, 18:35
new york
13 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: political unrest

Thank you I will take your advice if need be.

42. Re: political unrest

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 22:35
Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: political unrest

I've always respected opinions on this forum, even if I disagreed with them. But you, capn Jack, are an idiot.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: political unrest

Hi there..!

Instead of youtube&dalimotion or other..you may try to have informations from states&uk&french official states department and will notice that no one..ask to avoid Morocco at all..

from the British Foreignei&Commonwealth Office

fco.gov.uk/en/…morocco

"This advice has been reviewed and reissued with an editorial amendment. The overall level of the advice has not changed; there are no travel restrictions in place in Morocco."

Us Departerment of States

…state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_975.html

Ministre des Affaires Etrangeres et Europeenes

…gouv.fr/fr/…index.html

Ypu may use this very informatives websites in other occasions and for other places..so save them!

sincerely,Oliver.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
new york
13 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: political unrest

Any update on feb 20th protets in marrakech there is a lot of buzz in the media.

46. Re: political unrest

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 23:05
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: political unrest

Hi,

I'm not sure what to make of the 3rd world war comment coming from someone who joined today to specifically make this point nor the second anti Muslim rant from the same poster. Nothing I've heard from Moroccan friends suggests the gatherings will be anything but peaceful. Hope so.

Still calm in Marrakech, lots of tourists today in the square and business as usual though a chipmunk escaped from one of the fortune tellers and was being chased all over the place this afternoon :-)

Edited: 17 February 2011, 22:11
Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: political unrest

Thanks Shimmin!

We're living here..again..not totally stupid ..or blind and even if again some contestation may happen..not a huge deal!!

If we had to avoid every city or country with possible contestations..we should not go far from Home and may even avoid home..ah ah!!

So..seriusly..nothing to worry a the minute and please..my friends,come easy&relax&cool..sunshine&nice tea coming and nice people..

cheers!Oliver.

49. Re: political unrest

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 23:35
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: political unrest

Hi,

Sorry but what "sounds like a defensive Muslim" and why did you join the TA forum today just to send this post? People are rightly concerned about travelling to Morocco just now given the media coverage of problems in the "Arab world" and this forum is giving people the chance to ask questions about safety and for others (especially I hope people who live here and can see how things are day by day) to reassure them.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa