We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

CT
Level Contributor
101 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

Has anyone out there been to either or both of these? Which of the two is the better choice within the Medina? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

Riad El Fenn is fantastic, top staff, good location, every box ticked. However, Noir d'Ivoire is also top class, although I've never stayed there I intend to on a future trip, so you really couldn't go wrong with either one...go with the best deal perhaps?

CT
Level Contributor
101 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

Thank you for your input! I appreciate it.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,259 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

Hi,

El Fenn is much bigger but closer to the square. Noir D'Ivoire is off a very interesting local market street but about a 20 minute walk to the square.

CT
Level Contributor
101 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

Thank you for that excellent input. Is it fair to assume that it is better to be closer to the square? 20 minutes sounds like it could be a bit of a hike? Although Noir D'Ivoire looks very lovely. Is there a better place we should be considering? In my research, those two kept popping up as two that were very appealing aesthetically. Thanks again for you input, and any further input you might have!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,259 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

Hi,

Everyone (Riad owners!) says the closer to the square the better but personally I don't think this is importnt as the walk there is part of the whole experience and 20 minutes isn't so long is it if it's along an interesting street or two?

CT
Level Contributor
101 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

Having never been, I don't know if the walk is interesting from Riad Noir D'Ivoire, although I would imagine it has to be versus where I am from! I don't know if it's best to be closer to the square. That is what I am trying to figure out...

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
409 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

I agree with Shimmin, a walk to the square allows you to see local life and can be fun and interesting. Don't allow proximity to the square to necessarily be the deciding factor.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
409 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

So many people never explore the medina away from the square, so take the opportunity by staying in a riad where you have a bit of a walk.

Edited: 18 February 2011, 08:16
Republic of North...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

Have you looked at Maison MK?

Its in the same area as El Fenn and even closer to the square. We stayed there last year and want to go back!

It's truly boutique with just 6 rooms and incredibly friendly and luxurious. You definitely want to be close to the square (the heart of the Marrakech experience). You do enough walking all over the souks believe me! Maison MK is in the most exclusive area of town, also and its the easiest to get into from the airport and to get out to the chic french district.

You won't be disappointed!

CT
Level Contributor
101 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riad Noir D'Ivoire vs. Riad El Fenn

Thank you so much for that excellent feedback! I will check out Maison MK as well!