We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wearing shorts

London, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wearing shorts

I have read that men shouldn't wear shorts in Morocco, as this is seen as not culturally correct? Is this correct?

Would this even apply to walking in the Atlas Mountains?

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wearing shorts

I think at this stage in 2011 you can safely walk around in shorts wherever you want...you won't see too many Moroccan men doing it but it's not like they've not seen foreigners wearing shorts before. I personally always travel with a pair of nice comfy linen trousers and save the shorts for the beach or hiking, but that's me.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,845 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wearing shorts

I wore shorts in the day time, no problems at all

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wearing shorts

Hi,

Where on earth did you read this nonsense? When it's hot here most of the local guys are out in cut offs and vests never mind what tourists are wearing! (on a personal note though really short shorts are not a good look on anyone anywhere! :-)

Edited: 06 March 2011, 22:59
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wearing shorts

Shorts are fine and not a problem at all : )

However, you might want to reconsider taking them to the atlas mountains; might be slightly cold up there. If you're doing a long trek, might be worth taking something more suitable i.e. outdoor garments.

Best : )

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wearing shorts

Moroccain are waering shorts too.

6. Re: Wearing shorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 08:29
7. Re: Wearing shorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 08:18