We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking medications in hand luggage

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Taking medications in hand luggage

I just wondered how strict security is when entering the country and whether there is a hand luggage inspection etc?

Basically, I am on a lot of different medications for ongoing conditions and I pack my pills in my hand luggage in case my hold luggage gets lost. I used to regularly get an updated medication certificate from the doctor to show when travelling - but nobody ever asked to see it so I haven't used one for about 5 years.

Will there be any problem taking my meds into Morocco at all?

Thank you

Bridgend,Mid Glam
Level Contributor
83 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking medications in hand luggage

Hi,

When I recently travelled to Marrakech I carried my medication (tablets) in my hand luggage. Nobody asked anything. If you are on repeat medication surely your white copy that you use to reorder can easily be used to identify you and your current medication as it clearly shows when last issued. This small piece of paper will easily fold into your wallet - better safe than sorry!

I would suggest if your for example a diabetic and carry needles a doctors covering letter would be sensible. Happy holiday :)

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking medications in hand luggage

Thanks mascarasnake. I always carry my repeat prescription with my meds but was just checking that it would be enough on its own without a certified letter.

3. Re: Taking medications in hand luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 12:17