We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Security at Pacha and Fantasia Dinner Show

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lake District...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Security at Pacha and Fantasia Dinner Show

Hi,

we are set to go to Marrakech on 14th May and have both Pacha and the Chez Ali Fantasia dinner show on our to do list. In light of the new advice to stay away from public events can anyone who has been to either/both of these advise what the security is like??

Thanks

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Security at Pacha and Fantasia Dinner Show

What advice to avoid public events?

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office website level of advice is unchanged with no travel restrictions. Advice is merely to stay away from Djemma el Fna/

fco.gov.uk/en/…morocco

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Security at Pacha and Fantasia Dinner Show

It's a general travel advice, not specific to Morocco:

www.fco.gov.uk/en/news/latest-news/…

The Foreign Secretary has today asked all our Embassies and High Commissions overseas to review their security. We advise British nationals overseas to monitor the media carefully for local reactions, remain vigilant, exercise caution in all public places and avoid demonstrations, large crowds of people and public events.

Lake District...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Security at Pacha and Fantasia Dinner Show

Yes, thanks mmanuel, I was meaning the general worldwide advice to avoid crowds and events. Seems such events/places aimed at tourists may be likely targets so I was wondering what level of security these had in place to start with and if these have been increased.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Security at Pacha and Fantasia Dinner Show

In view of the recent tragic incidents, the local authorities are speeding up security measures around hotels and tourist attractions. You can accede Pacha or Chez Ali through one door only. anyone carrying a suitcase or a bag will be a suspect

London
Level Contributor
151 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Security at Pacha and Fantasia Dinner Show

Just saw your post . I don't look at the forumeveryday but I would have seen it earlier I would have said don't go chez Ali not for security reason but it is not worth it .What is your opinion on this as I presume you are back from Marrakech

North Wales
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Security at Pacha and Fantasia Dinner Show

My friend and I went to the Fantasia show and enjoyed every minute of it although my friend wasnt too keen on the food but i was, so therefore, it is different for everybody, we all dont like the same things!! The show itself was great, as for security, we didnt even think about it no more than we did when we went to the square or anywhere else for that matter. Why worry about it? You are there so enjoy! If something happens so be it, it could happen anywhere in the world. Go! Have a great holiday!!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Security at Pacha and Fantasia Dinner Show

Chez Ali is interesting for a tourist visiting Morocco for a first time.

The food might not be exactly what you expect, but then again, if you like lamb. We sat in hot tents, and a huge communal dish was placed in front of 5 of us. No utensils to cut, so we used our hands, as coming from Greece, and laughed. But the actual show is worthwhile to see, in my humble opinion.

As for security, I would bet it is safe. The ongoing demonstrations are for the government, not for tourist sites.

8. Re: Security at Pacha and Fantasia Dinner Show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 21:18