We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking advice: Ouzoud Waterfalls, Berber Trail

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
booking advice: Ouzoud Waterfalls, Berber Trail

Hello

The wife and I will be visiting Marrakech at the end of June. We are really interested in visiting the Ouzoud Waterfalls and doing the Berber Trail.

I was wondering if anyone could please recommend tour companies/individuals they have done these excursions with and their prices. I have just found so many companies online, I cannot decipher which ones are reliable.

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking advice: Ouzoud Waterfalls, Berber Trail

Ask your Riad/Hotel for suggestions - our riad booked trips out to Ourigane etc. for several people and they were all very happy.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking advice: Ouzoud Waterfalls, Berber Trail

Thank you for your reply. i have messaged them and am waiting on a reply, but i would like to get a range of companies to use and get the best price. if you have any company names or individuals, that would be greatly appreciated. you can pm me if you like.

many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking advice: Ouzoud Waterfalls, Berber Trail

Hi, I used sun trails for a day excursion on the strength of a recommendation from my riad. We had a driver and an air conditioned people carrier. We did the Atlas mountains and the lake trip, price was 120 euros for the day for two people, plus 20 euros per extra person. We were very pleased with it and I can recommend them highly. So that can be your starting price for a comparison. The driver's name was Boujamin (although i though it was Benjamin all day :s) and he was fluent in english.

If you want more details of the trip I can send them to you, or email you the selection of trip itineraries the company sent me. Or I can post them here, although I’m not sure how that fits within the guidelines.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Atlas
Hotel Atlas
157 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking advice: Ouzoud Waterfalls, Berber Trail

Allo,

thanks for your reply. yes i would be very interested in the day trip information and anything else you can provide. please feel free to pm me, this is greatly appreciated.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,281 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking advice: Ouzoud Waterfalls, Berber Trail

Never heard of the 'Berber Trail' so I googled it and found three different itineraries, one being high-altitude trekking around Oukaimdene, another being cycling over the Test pass, and another being a 4x4 tour.

Better be more specific about where you want to go.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking advice: Ouzoud Waterfalls, Berber Trail

i understand, this is all new to me. i was more after the high-altitude trekking

7. Re: booking advice: Ouzoud Waterfalls, Berber Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 07:19