We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to experience Marrakech

Lutterworth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to experience Marrakech

Hy, we are a couple going to Marrakech in July/August for 4 nights and after going through hundreds of reviews I cant find the best place to stay!! Please help!!!

We want to really experience everything Marrakech has to offer from the hustle and bustle to the baths and museums. What area would be the best to stay in? We don't mind having to walk to get to places but where on a budget so would prefer not to have to get taxis everywhere.

I have also been looking at hotels and I thought a Riad would be much nicer than hotels to stay in, are they a safe option and can anybody recommend any good ones? Our budget is about £60 per night.

Many thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to experience Marrakech

Hi,

As you've found there are lots to choose from and I'm sorry to say you really do have to go through the Marrakech Hotels tab on the left of the page to narrow down your search. You can specify price etc on the page which helps a bit then maybe send a message to a couple of reviewers with questions specific to what you are looking for.

Best of luck, your Riad is out there, you just have to find it and personally I think a Riad is the best way to experience Marrakech.

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to experience Marrakech

Hi,

Yup. I totally agree with everything that shimmin said. If staying in Marrakech, a riad is 100% the way to go (compared with a big hotel). Definitely stay right in the medina. You can walk to almost all the sights in/ from the medina. Certain areas like Douar Graoua & Mouassine, for example, are good neighborhoods to choose, as they are close to Jemaa el Fna and easier to find compared to more northern-medina areas. You shouldn't have any issues with "safety".

While the budget you stated limits you a little bit, you shouldn't have any problems finding a nice place to suit you needs.

Happy researching!

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to experience Marrakech

Look at Riad Miski. We stayed there in october. The location was great - 10 minutes from the main square and real hospitality. The owners go out of their way to be helpful and price varies from under £60 to about £70. The rooms were really good and the food excellent. They also will organise day trips to the Atlas (sometimes between several guests so that the price is cheaper and you can have a massage etc. and/or moroccan cooking lessons. They had a party one night with traditional dancers and music enjoyed by all the guests. Look at the feedback.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to experience Marrakech

After doing a search on Marrakech hotels (I selected inns/b&bs and then adjusted the price range) I found 416 riads listed as being under £75 and 206 riads listed as being under £50.

At some point it's best to look for yourself...it's your holiday after all!

xxx
Level Contributor
228 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area to experience Marrakech

Have a look to see if there is anything on THAT popular auction website

Lutterworth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area to experience Marrakech

Thanks everyone for your help!! We have decided to definately stay in a Riad and right in the centre like recommended. We havent found the one yet but It will be much easier now I have an idea of location.

Thanks Everyone!!

7. Re: Best area to experience Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech