We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

Derry
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

Hi there,

sorry if this question has been asked a zillion times, but we are hoping to fly into Marrakech after our wedding in Italy and would love a hotel/riad close to nice restaurants and bars but one that has a really good swimming pool and terrace. I haven't even started delving into Marrakech's areas yet, so not sure where is best to stay. Any info would be great as i don't know where to start!!

Thanks

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

Hi,

Depending on your budget, you can stay in some pretty lavish & exotic places in Marrakech with a pool and terrace. For a honeymoon, I would (without doubt) recommend a riad in the medina.

If you go to the Marrakech Hotels or Marrakech B&B pages (lots of great riads are listed as B&B), there's a "Price per Night" selector. Choose your budget range and starrt looking at the places shown. After that, read some reviews of ones you like the look of, and check out their websites. Send some private messages to people who have reviewed them on TA.

You shouldn't have any problems finding awesome honeymoon accom's in Marrakech. Happy honeymoon!

Derry
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

Hi,

thanks for that - we weren't sure if we should stay in the medina, but it does sound so exotic. I am overcome at the pictures of the accomodation in Marrakech, so different from the beige hues found everywhere else!

Any ideas for best poll/roof terrace?

I'd love to do the hot air ballooning over the atlas mountains, have you done this or does anyone have any recommendations for companys?

We'd even love to do a twin stay: Marrakech and Mountains. So much to choose from!!!

Derry
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

Could anyone recommend another destination apart from Marrakech? We'd like to do 5 nights Marrakech and maybe 4 or 5 somewhere else: mountains or seaside - we're open to suggestions!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

Hi there!

You may try some few days in Marrakech and then to go to Essaouira on the coast with a totally different atmosphere and vibes from Marrakech..

Not far away( 2 hours and 30 mn more or less) and i would say that the mixed of the two places is just great & fun!

Cheers ! Oliver.

Derry
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

Hi,

anyone any experience of La Maison Arab? It looks gorgeous!!

Also, not sure if the weather would be hot enough at the cost in mid- september, but does anyone know what it would be like near the mountains? We aren't sure wether to stay in Marrakech for all 7 nights or if that's too long and we should go somewhere else for a few days.

Any ideas?

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

I agree with Oliver's idea of seeing Marrakech and Essaouira. Maybe 3 days in Marr & 2 days in Ess...?

Weather? Well, no one has been able to accurately predict that since the dawn of time, but you can expect it to be warm during the day (short sleeves) but cooler (sweater or jacket maybe) at night...Expect it to be cooler during the day AND night on the coast or at higher elevations.

Derry
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

Hi, I'm just thinking if I need to take some more modest clothing with me? I'll be in Italy for 2 weeks before so will be wearing shorts and skirts with strappy tops etc. Do I need to wear long skirts/trousers in Marrakech? Do I need to have shoulders and arms covered too?

Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

Hi there!

no..take it easy and just come the way you desire to be dressed as far as it is not too “sexy” in the medina..

Apart of It ,think to take some sweat for the Essaouira ‘s evenings!

Cheers !Oliver.

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

Maison arabe is wonderful! Just booked to return here:)

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Marrakech Honeymoon - 5 nights

As a female, personally I would not wear strappy tops in the medina. You will get attention (not nasty but can be wearing) for being a female tourist. Strappy tops and short shorts will attract more attention. I would suggest that you wear tops that cover your bosom with wide shoulder straps or a small shoulder sleeve and shorts or skirts that come down to the knee. The other option is to wear a shawl over your strappy tops.

Of course you can wear whatever you like, it just depends how much attention you want to deal with. Also, there is no need to go overboard and wrap yourself from head to toe!

I hope you enjoy your time!