We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandarin Oriental? Did it ever happen?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Mandarin Oriental? Did it ever happen?

On my last trip, the one "sex and the city 2" film set we never got to go to was the Mandarin Oriental. Did it ever open? Or perhaps sold to another chain? Any news?

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mandarin Oriental? Did it ever happen?

Did not realise there were plans for a Mandarin in Marrakech. There is however a new Four Seasons, in the Menara area (near the airport).

Is that the hotel you are referring to (Four Seasons Marrakech)?

Best : )

Edited: 21 August 2011, 23:11
UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mandarin Oriental? Did it ever happen?

Mandarin cancelled the project may 2011 (so I googled) not sure if Four seasons then took it on, need to check out some pics see if it is?

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mandarin Oriental? Did it ever happen?

I could be wrong Scot about Mandarin being FSM, but I do know, Four Seasons (FSM) has started up recently in the Menara, I think you are right, do recall reading on the Mandarin site, that they were looking into Marrakech.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mandarin Oriental? Did it ever happen?

Ok just spoke to one of our friends, who was going to work for Mandarin. Apparently, Taj resorts of India has taken over from them. Not sure when they will start, its going to be located in the Palmaraie.

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mandarin Oriental? Did it ever happen?

Thank you for the info! I had a look at the FS website, and thought "nope, thats not it". Taj resorts are stunning, will keep an eye to see when it opens up :)

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mandarin Oriental? Did it ever happen?

The hotel that was due to be the Mandarin Oriental is at the far far end of the Palmeraie off route de Fes. Mandarin Oriental gave up waiting for the hotel owners to make their decisions and finish the hotel. I too heard that Taj hotels are lined up to manage the hotel, but I have not heard an opening date mentioned.

Four Seasons Marrakech is a in the menara area of the city, a totally different location.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mandarin Oriental? Did it ever happen?

Hi,

the opening (Taj Palace) is going to be around Oct-Dec, but of course all that could change; we know how things are at the moment.

Also, Mandarin have said on their website, although they could not wait for that long, they are still looking for other areas in Marrakech, very soon. (SO WATCH THIS SPACE).

8. Re: Mandarin Oriental? Did it ever happen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 03:16