We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping- Your favorite experience?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
102 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping- Your favorite experience?

From what I've gathered about Morocco and a big part of the reason that people trek there is the fabulous shopping!

I must admit that's what I'm super excited about!

if you wish to, please share your most beloved souvenier from Morocco and what you paid.

Also, if you have any "must-do" shopping experiences!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Shopping- Your favorite experience?

http://www.nawarra.co.uk/gallery.asp

Tinkla If you go through the photos on my friend,Houda's website, you'll find ones where she is wearing a blue gown with black mazuma ropes around her hips

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Shopping- Your favorite experience?

Thank you ej47 they are beautiful dresses,now I can see what Mazuma ropes are(nothing to do with mobile phones!) Great tips on shopping,I am looking forward to it :)

Angela,I cant think of anything similar to porridge in Greek

scottishrecipes.co.uk/porridge-recipes.htm

this may give you an idea,it is delicious with your wonderful Greek yogurt and a blob of honey :) Tinkla

Oliver, I think it is vin chaud weather here in Scotland already ! :)

Edited: 01 September 2011, 11:18
Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
269 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Shopping- Your favorite experience?

Giam Giam ;)

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Shopping- Your favorite experience?

tinkla ..if you 're nice girl..you may have both..means Morocco..& wine(hot or not ..depends..!)

Cheers my friend!Oliver.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Shopping- Your favorite experience?

Oliver,with luck I am hoping it will be too hot and sunny for Vin Chaud on my visit! But, if not you could share your Vin Chaud recipe with me....I will of course pay you for the recipe, in chocolate!!! :-) Tinkla

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Shopping- Your favorite experience?

Hi Honey..!

Some may complain that i have some "secret arrangements" with chocolate industry..and with..or without ..Chocó..i will be glad to share with you the little we have..recipe..& recommendations..(things who don't cost so much..you see..ah ha!!)

Concerning Parmesan..what could be the deal??i may assure a cooking lesson for the soup ..or other??

stay in touch and sure the "cheese story" will also have an happy ending tinkla in a way..or another..!ah ha!!

Ps : about cheese&co..some will be interested to know that some of "my compatriots”..means French..(hum..) have been installed in Morocco since few years and have made excellent cheeses..and also some "charcuteries" which is quiet an anachronism in a Muslim country but can be useful!

(I prefer anyway the real “parmesan”..genuine Tim..if you see what I mean ..)

have a great start of the day and hope you don't spend too much in the heater to be able to be an "opulent guest" which would give a help to our fantastic Pilobolus2011 to buy her"pricey oil" if she has the piece of luck to see you..

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: Shopping- Your favorite experience?

Ha! Oliver, Parmesan, It just happens I know a very good delicatessen who have a wonderful Parmigiano-Reggiana....ha ha ha... While you digest this information may I ask if a nice gift of this would do as a 'barter' for a bit of translation??? I am having trouble contacting Atfalouna via email so maybe I would have better luck if I could send an email in French ? Your translation services would be going to a good cause ;-) I am very surprised to hear there are charcuterias in Marrakech :-0 I am sure they must have some tasty accompaniments for a nice bit of Parmesan (real!)

bon apetit....Tinkla :)

I

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Shopping- Your favorite experience?

tinkla..!

You know..quality..things & gastronomy & world.. !what a great cocktail!!

"perigiano reggiana" is the greatest!!

Concerning the "charcuterie"..you can find some easily in Metro & Marjane (supermarket..) and the ones i 'm talking about are great producers but just a very small quantity and sell to friends in a confidential way..ah ah!!

In any case(means Chocó & cheese..or not.)i can give you a help with contacting the place you desire if you just give me more details and what you feel like..(maybe in mp..) and i will do it the soonest but just to please you..

Means.. with .or without any ” gastronomy ‘s indulgence.” .. ah ha!!

(but much better with..for sure..)

We didn't talk so far about a good(and pricey.. Pilobolus2011 ??)wine for having a nice company to the "parmesan"..

Some may be volunteers to help about this particular chapter..??

and if one is very concerned about "foie gras" should be a complementary(but very helpful) and appreciated support for all here...

Cheers ! Oliver.

to be (maybe..) followed..?

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,072 posts
490 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Shopping- Your favorite experience?

my fave was a necklace of wire wrapped, like cloisoinne...with painted insided, hard to describe, but i am SO glad that i bought it. we were extremely tired, and i tried to figure out a price that i was happy with, and i love it.

just being in the souks was a favorite experience.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Shopping- Your favorite experience?

DarNajat - Ramadan is over...you can eat now!!!

Tinkla - if there is anything that I can do for the hellmann's mayo please say!

Jackie - do consider how you will get your shopping home before you start buying! Argan oil is great.